Thank you for today...

Started by decades, April 10, 2010, 07:04:14 PM

I want to say thank you to all of you who showed up and participated in what happened at the small RPT in Tuluk today, as well as to everyone who worked hard to make it happen. I enjoyed it a lot and I hope everyone else did too.  :)

One of the more unique mini RPTs I've attended in my seven years of Arm.  The organizers did a wonderful job putting it together quickly and believably, offering us a chance to role play something that PCs don't normally get to.  Really good stuff -- opens a world of possibilities for future events and RPTs.

So thanks again.

April 10, 2010, 07:40:33 PM #2 Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:47:41 PM by Oleupata
Oh, I thought today's little RPT up in Tuluk was just excellent.  Everyone working together to make His Glorious City even better.  It was great.  Though I am by no means a newbie (in terms of how long I've been playing) I am far from being an experienced player...I have a knack of making silly newbie mistakes at bad times and missing out on great things because I'm busy getting in trouble and trying to explain why I did something so stupid.  Today I managed to play well (I think) and participate in the entire RPT...I really feel good about the work I did.

~mani

April 10, 2010, 08:13:20 PM #3 Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:47:57 PM by Oleupata
Quote from: manipura on April 10, 2010, 07:40:33 PM
Oh, I thought today's little RPT up in Tuluk was just excellent.  Everyone working together to make His Glorious City even better.  It was great.  Though I am by no means a newbie (in terms of how long I've been playing) I am far from being an experienced player...I have a knack of making silly newbie mistakes at bad times and missing out on great things because I'm busy getting in trouble and trying to explain why I did something so stupid.  Today I managed to play well (I think) and participate in the entire RPT...I really feel good about the work I did.

~mani

this borders on IC information divulged on the GDB but you are a cute newbie so we'll let it slide.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Good times! It's always nice to have a nice session where code doesn't matter and it's all about the role-play.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I had a fun time. High-five to everyone involved!

It was not only fun, but unique - a rarity in RPTs. I'll throw in my thanks too.
Quote from: Nyr on February 04, 2009, 08:33:23 AM
I think it's possible to be a good leader and be a douche.

I definitely enjoyed this rpt in Tuluk. It was unique, fun, interesting, and seemed like everyone was really into it. I applaud those that put it together and made it happen. Lets do it again sometime!

Thanks!!!

- Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

I was dying to be there, but I had family in the hospital.
-Kuh

I was wondering why so many people were logged in!  :-\

Dammit. I need to pay more attention, IC. I was logged in and thinking to myself, "Gee-golly - I sure wish there was something to do."

:'(
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: kuhfelsen on April 11, 2010, 08:14:45 AM
I was dying to be there, but I had family in the hospital.

So why didn't you show up?

Yeah, man, get some priorities.  ::) Who needs family when you can play Armageddon?

We're your real family anyways.

Seriously though, best goes out to your family in the hospital. Hope everything's ok.

Yeah, just makin' babies and whatnot.
-Kuh

Wish I could have been there but I had a company dinner to attend. Sorry I missed it.

Quote from: kuhfelsen on April 11, 2010, 02:41:17 PM
Yeah, just makin' babies and whatnot.

That's what Armageddon is for, duh!

Then you can eat them when you tire of them.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Galdun on April 10, 2010, 07:11:34 PM
One of the more unique mini RPTs I've attended in my seven years of Arm.  The organizers did a wonderful job putting it together quickly and believably, offering us a chance to role play something that PCs don't normally get to.  Really good stuff -- opens a world of possibilities for future events and RPTs.

So thanks again.

Ah, always amuses me when people think events like that get planned quickly. Wasn't able to attend myself due to work, but from what I hear it was awesome. Kudos to those who helped and planned. :-)
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.