Small addition to analyze

Started by Synthesis, April 02, 2010, 03:50:49 PM

> analyze jacket

That appears to be made from some sort of hide and some sort of cloth.
That could be repaired with some sort of something.

For folks with the armor repair skill.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yes.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

*necromancy*

Yes +sideways eight.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

+1
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: Ashes on April 13, 2010, 11:57:40 PM
*necromancy*

Yes +sideways eight.
Yes ∞
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Maybe you could impliment the code a bit so that when you try to analyze something that your character has absolutly no knowledge about constructing it should say "it hurts your mind to contimplate such complexities" and take a bit of stun off.

(shrugs)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on April 14, 2010, 04:00:08 PM
Maybe you could impliment the code a bit so that when you try to analyze something that your character has absolutly no knowledge about constructing it should say "it hurts your mind to contimplate such complexities" and take a bit of stun off.

(shrugs)

I would have a character think himself into unconsciousness over and over and over again.... Just for the lulz.

This is utterly and completely easy to do in game already, since if you try to repair with non compatable material, it tells you the type of material you need.

Pull a coin out, try to repair your breastplate with it, and bam, you find out what you actually need.
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

Quote from: netflix on April 14, 2010, 05:36:37 PM
This is utterly and completely easy to do in game already, since if you try to repair with non compatable material, it tells you the type of material you need.

Pull a coin out, try to repair your breastplate with it, and bam, you find out what you actually need.

Actually, no.  It tells you what material type the breastplate is, and tells you that you can't repair it with whatever you tried with.  It doesn't tell you what the magick item you need for that material type is.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.