My guy keep getting rejected for too short of a desc when...

Started by Anonymous, July 06, 2003, 03:39:21 PM

its a paragraph long and I hit enter after every sentence.

A description should be 5 lines in length. For good sample desciptions check out the page: http://www.armageddon.org/intro/descsamples.html

That should help you figure out the type of thing the staff is looking for in ways of descriptions. It could be that your putting in too long of text, and it gets shortened. I.e. typing: (from the sample description page): The woman before you is slim, with slender, long legs, and gangly, thin arms that hang from her narrow shoulders. Her stomach is well muscled, leading up to a thin neck that supports an oval, smooth face. She has sparkling blue eyes that rest above a petite nose, which is smattered with freckles. She has thin, deep red lips that rest between two slight dimples. She has a thin, well rounded chin, and rosy cheeks. This face is framed by fiery-red hair that hangs down to her shoulders in small curls.

All in one line the editor would say something like: Line to long, shortened to: blahblahblah. Usually 3 lines? I dont know... it does the same things with emotes and says. There is only so much you can put in per line.

Hope that helps.

Hitting enter after each sentence may not be making your description long enough.  Each line is 80 characters long, so you can write it with that in mind, or as an alternative, you can use the text editor commands to help you while you're typing it in (before you type the "~").

Here are the text editor commands.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Just in case you may be using a word processor, set your page width to just less than 5 inches, that will wrap the text such that every line is under 80 characters.  Found this one out the hard way, myself, plus it takes care of spelling if you remember to check.

I was under the impression that the recommended line length is 75 characters. Did this change? If it did this web page should be fixed.

It NEEDs to be under 80 or else things wrap funny. 75 is a good number to use though as it gives you alittle leeway.

Creeper
21sters Unite!