M-m-m-myyyyy computer

Started by Lizzie, March 18, 2010, 05:31:53 PM

...is slowly beginning to remember that it doesn't merely exist, but also that by "internet connection" it means it can actually open up a web browser and connect to a validweb address. Also, it is starting to accept that the IP address it assigns itself is valid, and the DNS to the LAN is equally valid.

In the meantime, I may or may not be able to log in, connect to zalanthas(dot)org, access the clan folder, post in the clan folder, read clan folder posts, read any posts, and check my e-mail.

Oddly, I can connect perfectly well to facebook, which I can't stand, google, which is nice but doesn't let me connect to anything I search for, and telnet.

So if y'all are trying to e-mail me, or PM me, or let me know about something going on in the clan I'm in, I may or may not get it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

First, I would be interested in seeing whether you can connect to any of these dissallowed Internet domains by IP. If that works, hell, even if it doesn't, I would be highly suspicious of a DNS issue on your LAN whether it's reporting as "valid" or not. Try changing out your DNS servers to a widely used public directory at 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4. Once that's done, see what happens. It potentially could be a router on your network causing trouble or your ISP's DNS is flaking out. You could have inadvertently made some changes to the way your machine processes DNS traffic, so that would be my next step. Hope this helps at all.

Quote from: musashi on May 27, 2011, 06:24:12 AM
No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Well the shit hit the fan when my computer decided that not only did I not have a printer, but it couldn't add the printer it's had for the past 2 years because it didn't have a spool thingie.

So I bought an e-machine. Dual core Intel Pentium somethingorother, 4 gb ram, 750gb hard drive, nvidegeoblahblah, ultimate premium supreme R/W CD whatchamacallitz, 18.5 flatscreen (armadillo lizard looks GREAT on it but it's not long enough to handle the full photo), windows7. had the store UNinstall norton AV so I could install AVG and zone alarm. And the best thing of all, I haz sound again! First time in over 2 years I've been able to listen to anything on my computer, ever since an electrical storm fried the sound card and blew up my subwoofer. Using a 15-year-old Realistic stereo headset but hey, it's sound. And it works. The keyboard sucks six bags of dicks. I'll plug in my logitec tomorrow.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.