Shield spikes...and the syntax to use them

Started by nakrat, July 04, 2003, 03:51:09 AM

Haven't posted in damn near ages...just wanted to ask if anyone knows how to use shield spikes, the command to put them onto a shield...or whatever you do with them?

Yea...would be appreciated..
Nakrat

It will FUCK you up good *~Kurac

Its been a long while, but I do believe it is "craft spikes shield into (spiked shield)" I'm not sure if that's correct, but that's about all that can be said without going too IC.

Yea, I tried that...but I dont think you can get too IC unless you actually say what i will end up with. I just want to know how to attach them...

I have a feeling that I'll either need glue...or a wooden shield though  :roll:

Thanks anyway...
Nakrat

Of course you'll need a shield to apply the "shield spikes" to.  As far as what kind of shield, some simpler shields tend to be more fitting for the application of shield spikes and other things for that matter.  I'm assuming that you, or someone else has an armorcrafting expertise.   If not, you should consider that the armorcrafting skill is necessary to work on armors and shields.  As simple as a thing such as shield spikes may be, unfortunately the code only allows those with the skill to construct the final item.

I hope this helps, if not,  please don't be discouraged.  I've had many hard times with crafting syntax myself, as do most all others.

Yea, I'm an A/C, i might just need two sets of them. I have a shield..but it's chitin...and the spikes are wooden...so its open to a lot of error

I'm still trying though...im tryin....tryin....
Nakrat

Yeah I had a previous armor crafter and had the same problem. Only I tried all kinds of shields ( all the ones I could craft, at least) and no luck. I never did figure out how to do it.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Find a spiked shield and analyze it ;) Maybe there's an item your missing....

You need to make a shield boss along with the spikes to make a spiked shield.
Ah, the mysteries of the universe.  Try to understand them, but can you?  Nope! They're mysteries!

Ehhh, what's a shield boss? I'm personally clueless, and well, if I don't know what it is, I can't figure I'll be able to craft it. Actually, I'll go try to check that out.

Shield Boss? Sound like someone who is in charge of shields. I think I'll stay away from that fella, seems intimidating.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.