My schedule sucks

Started by deconstruct99, March 06, 2010, 07:41:22 AM

So basically I am looking for something I can get involved in that is off-peek hours. Like late night and early morning PST. I'd be open to a role or if anyone knows of a particular group, tribe or clan that has some active players at that time. I can appreciate the solo side of the game and the adventure but at this point I am really crazing some quality roleplay.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

Have you tried hanging around places like bars where people congregate for long periods of time? Surely you'll run into someone sooner or later who plays off peak.

(I play off peak, but I can't tell you who I play)

:-\

Sorry.
Alea iacta est

Well yeah, of course you can find SOMEONE if you sit in the bar for two hours straight...it's just...not exactly a fun...and you have to take into account that if there are say ten people online, it is very possible that none of them are in the same area as you. I am really looking for regular RP...not sit in the bar for a couple hours til someone comes along and has a ten minute conversation with you then heads back out to go hunting. One of the main reasons i am really hoping there is a clan out there that might have a handful of off-peek players or something like that.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

I know one off the bat. The only real suggestion I can give though is to go through a list of what clans your character can or would join, and check IG to see which of those clans has an active playerbase in your time. I'm sure the recruiter would be willing to let you know if there are others that would be around to interact with if you asked them during the interview.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

As a previously off-peak player, I feel your pain. I really, REALLY wish there was some way to figure out which clans/cities/tribes had players in the same play-time as you (before you howl me down with shouts of protest, try only playing off-peak some time on regular basis and you'll understand where I'm coming from... I'd rather a bit of mild OOC coordination, than having an already tiny off-peak playerbase be split up all over the game).

Anyway, Semper's suggestions are good. Play a flexible character who has IC reasons to travel around, so you can see which clans have players in the same time-zone. Or while searching out an employer, ask if they're "around at this time of the week" (OOC translation: do they play at this time?).

Can the staff tell you which clans/tribes are active in your zone?

That's a good idea:  Send an email to the mud account to see if there are any sponsored only roles for off peak.  Delves, human tribals.  They might need a leadership role filled somewhere.

If they come back with nothing appealing or take too long, Semper's idea is the best.  Make a character and just see who plays when you play.  If it is Salarris, join them.  If it's the Sun King's Legion or House Oash, there you go.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: solera on March 07, 2010, 01:08:20 PM
I'd rather they didn't.  That will result in people only going to clans that already have lots of people, neglecting those clans that need more people.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: spawnloser on March 07, 2010, 01:36:53 PM
Quote from: solera on March 07, 2010, 01:08:20 PM
I'd rather they didn't.  That will result in people only going to clans that already have lots of people, neglecting those clans that need more people.

I keep hearing this, but given how quickly I've seen clans go from ultra-active to almost completely dead, I think it's a myth.

Even if spawnloser's concerns are true, there's an easy work-around solution anyway: don't show how many PCs are in a tribe or clan. Just show if it is active during your own playtimes.

eg. if a clan has a leader who plays actively, plus one subordinate, both of whose playtimes coincide perfectly with yours? Then it should be shown as active to you. This way, even small clans which need fresh recruits get some lovin'.

The more people play off peak... the more people you will get playing off peak.

I think there is quite a number of people that live in places outside peak playing times that would log in more often instead
of torturing themselves with sleepless nights and early mornings.

I specifically put in off-peak hours so that I get to interact with the largest portion of the playerbase.

Have you considered creating a role that's also alot of fun to play while relating almost solely to NPCs?
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: deconstruct99 on March 06, 2010, 07:41:22 AM
So basically I am looking for something I can get involved in that is off-peek hours. Like late night and early morning PST. I'd be open to a role or if anyone knows of a particular group, tribe or clan that has some active players at that time. I can appreciate the solo side of the game and the adventure but at this point I am really crazing some quality roleplay.

I feel your pain.  It is 6:50am Eastern/3:50am Pacific right now.  Sadly, not many people ever login during these times.

Immortals
---------

There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world.

There are 5 players currently in the world, other than yourself.