Website Updates

Started by Vanth, March 05, 2010, 12:42:30 PM

We can always use improvements to the website, and I am making this one of my projects.  Some improvements have a higher priority than others.  Right now I would like to focus on the following categories:

1) Typos - self-explanatory
2) Broken links - either the link goes nowhere or it goes to an old doc that has been superseded by a better doc
3) World anachronisms - out-of-date references, like references to "The Ruins of Old Tuluk", kanks as the primary mount, Blackwing as the main DE tribe, etc.
4) Game-culture anachronisms - references which date back to the more hack'n'slash era of Arm, things like the mention of magickers being widely employed

If you would like to help with these categories, you can submit a website bug/typo/idea through the request tool.

If you have ideas that fall outside these categories, like things involving substantial rewrites or completely new docs, you can create posts in the player collaboration forum for them, but they will not be gotten to until the above stuff is done (and staff may not use all your ideas). Please create a new thread for each proposed doc/doc rewrite, rather than putting them all in one thread.

Likewise, if anyone feels so inclined as to collect links to posts that should be moved to the permanent docs (roleplaying tips, examples of good dwarven foci, etc.) that would be a good idea for the player collaboration forum.  Please don't simply link every thread that has ever been written on the subject - choose the most useful posts.

Please make a concerted and mindful effort to keep such threads clear of useless argument and derails; for example, if you disagree with someone else's idea, reply with how you would do it better, instead of just telling them that's a stupid idea.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!