Maximum login time

Started by Salt Merchant, February 27, 2010, 11:02:06 AM

From the weekly update summary (last week's, actually), the longest non-staff login time is quoted to be 33067.18 minutes.

That's over 22 days!?!

How can any player have been logged in that long? The game doesn't even stay up that long?! Shouldn't the character have starved to death while the player finally got some sleep?

By the way, why is looking at the archived update history so slow? It's essentially too painful to use extensively.
Lunch makes me happy.

it's called AFK, falling asleep at the keyboard, or yeah.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on February 28, 2010, 06:13:16 PM
it's called AFK, falling asleep at the keyboard, or yeah.

Even if it were that, the game ha never been up for 22 days, so the person would've been logged out before then.

I suspect those are seconds, and not minutes. Seems to make more sense.

I bet it's a bunch of sneaky flatmates taking turns to play or somethin'

Ban them!

I would assume some noob got into the game with a new PC and just logged out without quitting.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I would assume it's a new immortal who hasn't been filtered out of the tracking system.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Well, it must be Jesus... or the Zalanthean incarnate thereof.

It's Ginka.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I think my login record was 22 hours when Sorn Tallid, myself, and the rest of the crew got lost and seperated in the middle of the tablelands.
God, I wish I could remember that Vivaduan's sdesc or name.  He was the first magicker that I was around for extended periods, and he was just plain awesome, especially after dragging my Krath-Struck, exausted bum all half the way back to Nak.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Bogre on March 24, 2010, 02:05:16 PM
It's Ginka.

Wrong.  It's Amos.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you