Death of my first

Started by warforged32, February 23, 2010, 08:52:56 PM

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on February 24, 2010, 03:21:38 PM
One year after death, I believe is the time you're supposed to wait before talking about a previous character.

And you should avoid super secret things (that's kind of a gray area sometimes) and discussing characters that may still be alive.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on February 24, 2010, 03:21:38 PM
One real life year after death, I believe is the time you're supposed to wait before talking about a previous character.

I'm going to add a caveat: If your PC died to some person, creature, plot, location, thing which is still IC...then it may never be un-IC to speak of their death. Likewise, some aspects of a PC's life may never be discussable OOCly, if they were involved in should-always-stay-IC stuff.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Usually the rule of thumb is a year after your character dies, though that can depend on if he died via super sekrit things, or if there's characters you played with who had something to do with the death who might still be alive.

I'm really happy your first character rocked so. Don't worry about sucky stats, just play your character like he/she is a real person. Have fun with it.

em hugs the new player. Then knocks ~new over and steals his newbie boots!

Welcome to Armageddon.  ;)
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Don't feel bad. I still can't discuss the death of a Byn Sargeant, which happened over a year ago. Too ic. And it was scary, too.  :o
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

You ask when it's okay to post the cause of a death.

It's really not a good idea to post that your character died at all, for around a year. Reason being..MY character was your boss. And my character doesn't know your character is dead. But *I* know..and now I have the burden of knowing that my employee is dead, but having to pretend not to know that. The reason it's a burden, is because my character thought yours was going to be the next biggest thing to sliced kalan fruit, and would have had her entire crew searching for his corpse if she knew, AND tracking for his killer, and putting out a bounty, and all this and that.

But now, because *I* know your character is dead, if MY character does any of that stuff, your character's killer's player will think I'm bringing this information I learned outside the game, into the game.

It gets really messy. So - we avoid the whole mess, by refraining from mentioning that our characters are dead, or alive, or that we're in Tuluk, or that we met cool people in the Firestorm, or anything else about our characters until they're a year in the grave (or longer).

Of course you know my crew will now be on a search for your boots. I'm assuming you left them in the [redacted] where the [redacted] spawns. We'll start there.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Most of my characters fell under the YASD category.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

I'm quite proud of my char.. She's my first char on ARM... more so my first char -ever- on a MUD.. and she is currently at nearly 21 days old =] Despite what shes gone through.
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

21 OOC days?
How long -IC- has the character lived since creation?

No lol.. 21 in game days.. I've had her since.... just before new year I believe..
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

High-five... my first lasted about three hours.
shit... so tired...
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I meant IG time, as in... How many Zalanthan days/months/years.

Well she started out as 23 years old I think it was.. and she's now.. nearly 26.
A staff member sends:

Quote from: zeia on March 05, 2010, 05:04:46 PM
Well she started out as 23 years old I think it was.. and she's now.. nearly 26.

What a co-inky-dink, my first character started at age 23 and lived a long-assed time as well.

He became a Byn sergeant and lived for like 8 months RL time, almost 30 days played, I think. *flex* My very next character did the good ol' "play for almost a RL week, die from total stupidity." Protip: newbie assassin combat skills aren't quite as reliable as those of a veteran face-melting warrior.  :-X I haven't had a legitimately short-lived character since then... I feel like I'm missing some of the Arm flavor.  :-\
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

First of many!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

>.>

If you like, Zolt.

I can kill a ew of your noobs. ust give me your coin, and I'll do the deed

:D
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

How the crap do you guys get long-lived PCs? Here's a tip...

STOP DRINKING IN THE GAJ GET YOUR ARSE INTO THE SALT FLATS AND HUNT MEKS WITH A FORK!

-Gripe about people and living too damn long.- Back in my day our PCs barely lasted two weeks -_-!

Kidding. Teech me ur survivin' tactics. These stupid Americans I play with (and I'm one of them) keep getting me killed!

My characters tend to be careful and avoid doing things they consider risky if they don't absolutely have to. They often die from being stored.  :P

Every time I want to play a PC who is a bit more risk happy... I end up liking them / their relationships / their skill progress / their plots so much that I start playing carefully again.

Being stored? I don't know what this means...

Storing a character = retiring a character. It's a request you send to the staff when you're done playing your current PC. You'd do it instead of suiciding, so you can play a different character.

HELP STORE in-game and out of game explains the details.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.