Death of my first

Started by warforged32, February 23, 2010, 08:52:56 PM

February 23, 2010, 08:52:56 PM Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:21:12 PM by warforged32
Today, I am saddened by a great loss. This loss, my first character... [Name]
[Name] died today a 3:12 pm GMT-5... He had survived for over 7 and a half RT days.
I am both happy, and sad. I am happy, because my first character managed to live as long as he did. I am sad, because he had just started getting better at -not- dieing...
Heh, funny how these things work.
He [cause of death]
He fought bravely though, not even bothering to run when he was near death.
He made me so proud.  :'(

That sounds like it was a good ride with a good ending. You posted way too much recent IC info. Welcome to Arm.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

say Aye, it was a good ride -indeed-.
em nods

I'm happy to see all these new players come to this game.  You may want to remove cause of death and the name of your character, warforged, as it is against the rules.  But we still like you.

If you don't, I'm sure staff will be happy to do it for you.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Check out the Forum rules on IC info. Almost everything you posted is not allowed on the GDB.

That said, welcome to Arm and I hope you'll roll a second PC.

Forum rules, psh. Nobody reads those. they just wait to be told they screwed up.
xD

Thanks for editing that yourself, Warforged.  Things like this are generally frowned upon, but we understand you are new.

I truly hope to see you in the game again and soon.

And you're right... your PC did fight very, very well.  A last stand to be remembered.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

say On a side note, it has been roughly 1 hour and 17 minutes since I sent in my new application. I can only hope it gets accepted before I have to go to bed.
em sighs slightly, letting his shoulders drop down a little as he slouches back in his chair impatiently.

There is always hope that your app will be approved in less than a few hours. During each HRPT, someone always goes through three-five PCs on the same account.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

say I hope that since I'm basically a newb you will understand when I say... Wha'?
em tilts his head to the side, scratching the side of his face in utter confusion.

eh... i guess i should rephrase that...

1.) What is an HRPT?

2.) I know my app can be approved quickly, as a friend IRL who died IG at -roughly- the same time submitted an application about 3 hours before I did, and hers was accepted an hour before mine was sent. ( for those who hate word problems, that's 2 hours after she sent it :P )

3.) I really do not like waiting... It makes me miss [Name] and it makes me miss Armageddon in general...

:'(

Quote from: warforged32 on February 23, 2010, 09:52:57 PM
eh... i guess i should rephrase that...

1.) What is an HRPT?

Highly Recommended Playing Time - this is generally when world-changing events happen. Wars, catastrophic disasters, you name it. Around 150 players were on for the last HRPT, and on some HRPTs people will play several characters dying repeatedly due to the dangers.

say Ah... and how do we know when these RPT and HRPT are?

Quote from: warforged32 on February 23, 2010, 09:56:13 PM
say Ah... and how do we know when these RPT and HRPT are?

They will generally be posted about on the Staff Announcements forum, the IG boards and/or your clan forum depending on the nature of the event.

Quote from: Shalooonsh on February 23, 2010, 09:23:06 PM
Thanks for editing that yourself, Warforged.  Things like this are generally frowned upon, but we understand you are new.

I truly hope to see you in the game again and soon.

And you're right... your PC did fight very, very well.  A last stand to be remembered.

This thread is the cutest thing.

Anyway, about death and waiting. By the sounds of it, you will have many more PCs, and trust me, sometimes it will be much harder. Sounds like you had an epic death, one to be happy with. Not all of your PCs will. As for waiting, take some time to figure out how to better your RP. My most significant advances in RP have been done while not IG. Get amped for this next one, it will be more fun.

HRPT's are posted on the GDB. Trust me, you will never miss one.
RPT's are announced in many ways, you'll know when one is coming. They can be specific to clans, social groups, cities, whatever.

I hope you stick around long enough to reread these posts in four or five years Warforged!

This is gold man. Keep at it and just have fun!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I was fondly reminded of my first PC.

She died fighting bravely... because I didn't realize she had been knocked down, and that this was the reason fleeing didn't work.  ;D

I was wrong!

My first character actually got killed by one of those famous snakes, which is even better.

It was my second character that got killed by a halfling.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

My First (CHARACTER TYPE) DIED TODAY!

I really think I played it well though.

Anyway....My FIRST pc's death.....

over a year ago, so It's cool.

He was an Assassain for a Noble Up north....I'm Pretty Sure the house has been closed down now since......

He was a Pretty memorable PC, seeing as I came into the Game not knowing...well....anything. Thinking Yhea! Assassain, I'll be epic!

He was called Gar.

There was someone else of the same name. He was a Powerful Person. Oh Yes.

Nothing to hook you more than having your First Pc called 'Little Gar' for a few weeks, then Die to some meaningless outing against a Verrin Hawk.

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

My deepest sympathy. Welcome to Armageddon! You will love and remember this character but I'm sure there will be more that will provide stories you will talk about and have your non-Arm friends go wtf?/that sounds cool about.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

My first character died after kicking a mekillot.
Is that going down fighting?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Welcome to arma.

Don't worry about dying. EVERYONE dies. Some people just make choices for their characters that keeps them around for a long time :)

(Usually smart choices)
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Aye... I somehow wandered into Firestorm on my first day, and was taken in by a [Name of Clan].
They helped me out a lot, and I think I owe my "long life" almost entirely to them.
Yeah, I am gonna remember him though... He was awesome...

My new character though is turning out to be rather amusing, though I got terribad rolls imo, then the reroll was worse, so I had to undo the reroll...
I guess I was bound to end up with low stats, as my last char had uber high stats, so, yeah...

When is it acceptable to post the cause of death etc... ?
or are u enver allowed to, not even if its been years or whatever... ?

One real life year after death, I believe is the time you're supposed to wait before talking about a previous character.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.