Making the list of exits more blind-friendly

Started by parham, February 18, 2010, 06:19:03 AM

Quote from: jstorrie on February 21, 2010, 05:20:38 AM
The constant updates of your HP/MP etc., I mean.

Oh, yes. As I said, a better option would be to have something like a display command that would work like this, and then it could be aliased:

>display hp
>display maxhp
>display stamina
>display maxstamina

and so forth. however, I do not know how easy creating that in DIKU is. In all the codebases I've worked with, however, it was just an echo-like statement that echoed the HP/stamina/etc variable to the player typing the command.

I know for us, we can have the prompt show a bunch of additional information, like our position (standing, sitting), opponent, accent, and so on. If we could make it so all these can be done similar to the single prompts for hp, that might also help.

Yes, it would be wonderful. For the sake of not doing any extra work, it could even be like this, I assume:

>display %h
>display %H

and so on. :)

Does the infobar work?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

No, not really. For one thing, I think my client cannot really display it the way it is supposed to be displayed, because I randomly get it here and there, and it is not like the prompt.

I had a three-against-one spar today, and the prompt I have created didn't hinder me at all. Maybe if the dex of those fighting was too high, I would have a problem, but currently I'm fine.

Next reboot exits will default to have a comma and space between them, like: [N, E, S, W, U, D].  If you don't like this, type 'brief exits', it will return to the way it was before.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff