> craft meat
You could make a steak from that.

> craft meat 2.meat
You couldn't make anything from that.

Idea:

> inv
A couple of pieces of meat.

> craft meat 2.meat
You could make a couple of steaks from that.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

In the case of cooking I like this. (Because really, if I'm cooking steaks for 2, I'm going to cook them both at the same time. Not cook one, set it aside, cook the next.) Also, cooking is more of a "hands off" craft, meaning you put it on the fire, then you wait. It requires a minimal amount of attention and/or participation.

I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to cook multiple foods (depending on the foods) at a time, based on skill level. (Anyone can fry up one steak, but it takes a little more experience and proficiency to cook up 5 steaks, and have them all come out pretty good.)

However, I think all the rest of the crafts are "hands on." (Maybe with the exception of dying.) You couldn't, for instance, chisel out 5 spearheads at the same time, because you don't have 5 sets of hands. You would have to make them one at a time, hence use the craft skill over and over again one piece of stone at a time. 

The sole argument I can think of against this is that, in a production setting, you might chisel all 10 pieces of stone into triangles first, then file all 10 down to a sharp point with a rasp second. However, I wouldn't think this argument was strong enough to justify a code overhaul, and also, in Zalanthas, production = twinkin'! :p

So,
Crafting - yes, though I could really care less as I already emote cooking my food at the same time anyways.
Dying - Maybe? I got no experience with dying IRL or IG. I think it might already work like this...
Everything else - No. Take the time to craft and emote each item separately, because that's how you'd be making them IG.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Good idea.  As mentioned, prolly only want the option for simple crafts (not just food).  While the whole 'one set of hands' bit works, for tedious shit like arrows, great piles of meat and I assume other stuff I'm not thinking of lets do it for the sake of gameplay!

Now to just hold all the ingredients at once and not screw up the syntex :P

craft branch branch branch branch branch branch arrowhead arrowhead arrowhead arrowhead arrowhead arrowhead feather feather feather feather feather feather feather into some fletched arrows.

OUCH
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I toss in my endorsement as well. I like having the ability to cook multiple food items at the same time. It would be awesome :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.