Secret stashes?

Started by Reiteration, February 14, 2010, 06:41:28 PM

February 14, 2010, 06:41:28 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:46:34 PM by Reiteration
> put tuber web
You put your lumpy white tuber into a web of interlacing ivies.

> take tuber web
You cannot take that. Try picking instead.

> pick tuber web
There is nothing like that available to pick from a web of interlacing ivies.

Why is that? I think it'd be useful to use stow small nibbles of food in there for later use. Or at least a web of interlacing ivy would make an excellent cache to store emergency supplies. Are secret hiding holes more common than I think they are?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Did you try 'get tuber web'?

I think what you just ran across there is a bug in the new plant code.  Instead of figuring out how to abuse it, you might want to bugrep it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

February 14, 2010, 06:48:42 PM #3 Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:52:31 PM by Reiteration
Quote from: Obeliskocism on February 14, 2010, 06:46:45 PM
Did you try 'get tuber web'?

> get tuber web
You cannot take that. Try picking instead.

And I just realized I somehow posted this in General Discussion instead of Code Discussion...

Quote from: Synthesis on February 14, 2010, 06:47:53 PM
I think what you just ran across there is a bug in the new plant code.  Instead of figuring out how to abuse it, you might want to bugrep it.

I wasn't trying to abuse it, I didn't even know there was a new and old plant code. I thought this was a legitimate way of storing things and I was just using the wrong syntax. In either case, how would I report it?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Secret stashes exist in the game. The "put" something in a bush is a bug I think. I recall bugging it but I just stopped putting things in bushes haha.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

QuoteBug     (General)

This command allows mortals to inform the implementors of a glitch in the programming code. If you stumble across something that simply does not seem right, and it is apparently the result of a flawed special program or is a general part of the world itself, bug it.

Do not use this command to voice general complaints or to inform about typographical errors or ideas that you may have. There are two separate command, idea and typo (q.v.) for those, and bulletin boards for complaints.

The command also takes an object or character as an argument followed by text indicating what is wrong with the character or object. If the target is an NPC or object then it records the database number of that NPC/object to help the staff track down the problem.

Syntax:
    bug <message>
    bug <object>
    bug <character>

Example:
    > bug The spell fireball doesn't work any more.
    > bug staff This staff makes the game crash when wielded
    > bug tailor This NPC charges me negative coins
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.