Ldesc on hitched mounts

Started by Marc, July 02, 2003, 03:11:34 PM

It would be nice if we could "ask" mounts hitched to us to change their ldesc like you can with certain npc guards.  Just an rp tool, and not a very important one, but it would help to describe the environment and doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add.

Example:

ask kank change ldesc stands on its hindlegs, dancing a jig.
look
A silt-shelled kank stands on its hindlegs, dancing a jig.

Thoughts?
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

That'd be pimp... Then I can get a kank suit and dance with my kank...

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I dunno.  The thing with asking NPC guards is that you can ask them to do something and they are intelligent enough to do it.  You can't make a kank "stand warily, looking about with pinchers clacking" because it doesn't know what the hell you're talking about when you ask it to do so.  You can ask a guard to "stand next to you, looking around warily" because that is something the guard can comprehend and do.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It's called a RP tool. ICily you wouldn't acctually be ASKING the kank to do something. It's just an OOC tool to help set IC atmosphere. I don't think EVERYTIME someone uses the ask command it's going to be them ICily acctually asking, because some of it, such as a guard standing close and watching, is alittle stupid. Why? Because they ARE intelligent things and ICily thats there job and you shouldn't have to tell them what to do. Change ldesc is an OOC thing, and it's just asking them to change it so that they can look like they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Oh yeah, not really for or against this idea... Just saying.

Creeper
21sters Unite!