Craft Fail = Salvage Stuff

Started by jmordetsky, January 27, 2010, 10:05:05 PM

Pretty simple, if I fail at making something, I should have some crap left over.

> i
a big shell

>craft shell
You can make a big shell shield of that.

>craft shell into a big shell shield
You begin crafting. After some time, you fail, because you suck.

>i
A couple of shards of chitin

If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Some recipes do do this. Others don't. I think most should leave something that you can use to make low quality goods.

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Totally agree, and most of the recipes I've ever submitted have included "something left over" upon failure. Obviously some wouldn't..I mean if I'm making something out of a scrap..then I don't expect any leftovers if I mess up. If I'm using small materials I wouldn't expect any leftovers (craft twig into darning needle, or craft shard into arrowhead).

But if I'm using more than one material to make a single item (craft bone wood into big-bone-wood-thing) and I fail, then at least one of those two items should still be there upon failure.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

If you see something that doesn't yield salvage items, I would recommend submitting a request to the staff to have it added.  Since salvage went in long after many of these recipes were created, some items that should leave remnants simply don't.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on January 27, 2010, 10:31:33 PM
If you see something that doesn't yield salvage items, I would recommend submitting a request to the staff to have it added.  Since salvage went in long after many of these recipes were created, some items that should leave remnants simply don't.

I had no idea it already did that. (shows how often I craft) :)

I will do that, thanks.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com