Help me visualize lockers..

Started by nihilist, December 21, 2009, 02:56:19 AM

QuoteThis stone locker rises up about five cords high, with a latching door.

Can I assume that it looks something like this?

I always thought that ancient stone lockers were something akin to trunks with lids that opened upwards. Maybe I'm wrong here, and need to change up my emotes.

There's a difference between a locker and a footlocker.  A footlocker is designed to go at the foot of a bed.  Hence the name.

Footlocker:

Locker:

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Synthasis said it right, IMO.

On a side note, I just can't visualize the upright lockers (Like the ones we had in high school) in Zalanthas. It seems impractical for the types of materials we have to work with. Except wood I guess.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

The list of impracticalities in Zalanthas far exceeds lockers.
Its best not worry about them.

Maybe its mostly stone, with wooden framing.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

I wish I could show you the one I have at work.

It is a wall locker with multiple shelves in it. In effect it is a set of shelves inside of a wooden box. It stands about six feet high and it is mostly wooden.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

February 13, 2010, 06:45:08 AM #5 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:16:33 PM by Booya

edit to add: if image doesn't show up...http://image63.webshots.com/163/5/9/9/501450909Efawyp_fs.jpg

another edit to add: hmm..don't seem to be being much help. But if you refresh the above link it works and you can see Roman stone lockers from Pompeii.