Some q's on UT.

Started by Fredd, December 09, 2009, 11:10:57 AM

not sure if anyone will get the referance... But i'm going to bring it up anyways.

UT seems a bit like Necromunda, With smaller gangs fighting it out forsmall amounts of resources, staking claim to areas and defending the, with one big assed powerfull gang being the "law" for a certain area, keeping the piece with larger numbers and better weapons so that trading can take place peacefully.

how close to accurate is this?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I'd say that accurately describes any poverty-gang related area in the game, actually. It's pretty broad.

well what im thinking is like, while there might be like a larger clan  to join, are there a bunch of smaller gangs there?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Considering recent changes in UT, I don't think that's how it is down there at all.

The Sharks took over the Jets' old turf.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Fredd on December 09, 2009, 11:33:07 AM
well what im thinking is like, while there might be like a larger clan  to join, are there a bunch of smaller gangs there?

I know that's pretty much how it is in 'Rinth.....

You've got that one really big gang that most people join, but it's no stretch to make your own if you can get enough people together.

Which it would be -really- awesome if a bunch of people started playing in the alleys and making small gangs, with that one really big gang pretty much laying down the law.

That's how it should be, in my mind's eye.

'Rinth's got -alot- of potential.... But it can only be reached if there are enough people playing there.

well what im thinking is like, while there might be like a larger clan  to join, are there a bunch of smaller gangs there?

No, you can't join the bigger clan there that runs everything in a certain area.  At least, last time I checked, which was three months or so ago.
You can't -codedly- join, but that shouldn't stop someone from being buddy-buddy with them.

As to the smaller gangs: there are, or were, some NPC ones.  Not sure if the HRPT changed this.

PC run gangs are a possibility and totally awesome.  Sure, it won't be like a coded clan, but who cares.  :P
Really, it keeps people from making characters there and then just flocking to one coded clan.

FYI - had a lot of fun playing necromunda back in the day.  We built our own sets too, which is way geeky but fun! :D

Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 09, 2009, 01:03:00 PM

I know that's pretty much how it is in 'Rinth.....

You've got that one really big gang that most people join, but it's no stretch to make your own if you can get enough people together.

Which it would be -really- awesome if a bunch of people started playing in the alleys and making small gangs, with that one really big gang pretty much laying down the law.

That's how it should be, in my mind's eye.

'Rinth's got -alot- of potential.... But it can only be reached if there are enough people playing there.

Years ago it was like that...My god was it insane. Every man/gang for himself. How it should be.
Free your hate.