Distinguising enemies

Started by janeshephard, December 08, 2009, 11:26:23 AM

hide
shadow amos
(the group goes down the road, and heads toward the barracks)

think *snicker* Bwahahaha.
kill amos

Amos was following Malik
Malik was leading
Talia was following Amos.
Kayla was following Talia.
RobertTheBruce was shadowing you.

Everyone types ASSIST with no arguement.
Chaos ensues.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I actually think we should have simple friend tags.

This would allow assist without arguement to assist the first friend tagged that is in combat.

Put a top limit on friend tags, I think somewhere between 3 and 6 and have them be limited in, If Malik tags Amos as friend, If Amos moves out of sight, By stealth, magick or simply getting 4 rooms away then the tag needs to be renewed.

Simple fix, no real drawbacks and improved group dynamics.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

The only other thing I can think of is that cloaks, aba's, and who's-ya-what's-its can be dyed or marked (for looks and code) so that when you type assist scrab (because your friend convinced you that scrab stitched cloaks would be "most fearful indeed") you start helping your friend out against the guy wearing the tattered cloak.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

That'd work most of the time. But there's always that "murder death betrayal thing you have to deal with.

If you have Amos and Malik both tagged as friends, and all three of you are out together, and one of them attacks the other..what would assist (no arguement) do?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It would assist the first one you tagged of course.

So, either your PC wants Amos to win or, you really don't care...as long as one dies.

Also, I'd have no echo to the outside on tagging friend...you just never know!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Group formation code :)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Lizzie on December 08, 2009, 08:16:59 PM
That'd work most of the time. But there's always that "murder death betrayal thing you have to deal with.

If you have Amos and Malik both tagged as friends, and all three of you are out together, and one of them attacks the other..what would assist (no arguement) do?

Yeah, and if that stinkin' elf decides to pick infiltrate your group by picking up a cloak from your friend who was just a liiittle too drunk at the bar last night, well, they'd never see it coming, no?  Even if your (fill in the blank here) PC goes to the bazaar, describes the cloak to an NPC seamstress (and pays them a little extra to be hush-hush about it), then that takes care of the problem, at least in my mind anyways.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein