Fishing through containers in darkness.

Started by musashi, December 07, 2009, 02:43:40 AM

I really wish I was able to use the "get <my shit> <my container on my body>" command in darkness for something other than a light source. I know it's dark and all, but I mean ... its hard to justify why I can't find the deck of kruth cards IN MY POCKET when they're the only thing in there.

Could we have it so that, while you still can't look inside of container in darkness, you can at least get things from them you are already aware are there? Say ... at the cost of some stamina, the same way "fumbling around looking for exits" does?

I believe this would be a good thing.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

At the cost of stamina?

Digging through your pockets to find a deck of cards isn't exactly the most exhausting activity. Maybe a time delay.

Quote from: HTX on December 07, 2009, 02:53:41 AM
At the cost of stamina?

Digging through your pockets to find a deck of cards isn't exactly the most exhausting activity. Maybe a time delay.

Sure, whatever. At some kind of penalty ... but at least let it be possible for containers you're wearing on your person.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Longer delay, I believe, would be an appropriate penalty.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It is also impossible to draw a weapon from a knife belt in complete darkness.  I am not a fan of this.  I'm a firm believer that if a fellow or lady that is deft enough to use a dagger, they can probably find it snuggly sheathed in a belt without even looking.

They don't even have to be all that deft at it either....I carry a pocket-knife all the time, I don't have to look down to find it anymore, it's clipped to my pocket, I think this should be the same way....it's kinda hard to miss the hilt of your prefered weapon bumping against your side.

Which brings me to a question: after carrying something around for x amount of time, is it already possible to receive messages when someone takes it off of you?
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Not that I'm aware of.  I had a character who was obsessed with always having his weapons, and had a client-side alias for it.

em brushes his hands over his aba;clean self;look serrated.sword,look in knifebelt;etc...

This would be easier now that we have hemote and keyword.

em brushes his hands over his aba;clean self;look serrated.sword,hem briefly touches ~serrated.sword;keyword throwing knifebelt;hem runs a finger over ~knifbelt; etc.etc...
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."