I'm new and I want to give kudos to someone whose name I don't know?

Started by Cind, November 29, 2009, 05:51:02 PM

When I was playing in Tuluk... now I assume this guy was from Allanak by his accent and what he told me about himself, I can't remember his name and I only remember him as a [snipped by Olgaris]. What I remember best is the great emoting he did. He not only knew every specific of emoting, but he had imagination and roleplayed with great detail. Whatever the guy's name was, I'd like to give him kudos in case he wants to be a difficult character like a defiler or something someday because I think he could handle it.

I feel bad when I mess up on emoting XD Sorry! I always mess up.

On that note, how do I talk to someone specific at a table when I'm sitting at a table? I never figured that one.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I think I know who you're talking about, and yes, he was TEH AWESOMEZ.

Talking at a table is done using the "talk" command.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

It's okay if you don't know the PC's name. Just try to explain the character as best you can when you put in a player kudos request.

You remember a southern accent and the sdesc; if you can remember around when you played with them, a clan they were in, or any other identifying info, you probably have a good shot of it going to the right person. (leave all that information for the request though!)

Quote from: Cutthroat on November 29, 2009, 06:00:25 PM
It's okay if you don't know the PC's name. Just try to explain the character as best you can when you put in a player kudos request.

You remember a southern accent and the sdesc; if you can remember around when you played with them, a clan they were in, or any other identifying info, you probably have a good shot of it going to the right person. (leave all that information for the request though!)

And I was just coming back to add that. ~shakes her fist~ You're too fast CT!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Cutthroat on November 29, 2009, 06:00:25 PM

If you have that much info, we can definitely find the PC!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Yes. We can do a little detective work if we have the sdesc.

The ones we have more trouble with are when we get nothing but a nickname. Then we have to rely on another staff member happening to know who the kudos is talking about. So no kudos that go like this:

"This is a kudos for that one guy, I think his name was Taco or Spork or something. Anyhow we met in that place and did that thing. I don't want to be too specific but man you were awesome!"

Awesome like that new avatar Cavaticus.  8)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

The upcoming HRPT: Cav's avatar IG.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

No, that's too easy.....I picture something like
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

XD That's funny, the Terminator thing.

I think he had just been inducted into House Kadius in the north. He wasn't discriminatory against elves. I dimly recall him holding onto a pair of knives for a particularly shady elf fellow and then turning around and trying to sell them, only to find that the elf had stolen them from a noble house, and he (the human) ended up serving jail time. XD I think that was my first glimpse of the complex politics of the game, and the law in practice, and also the first interesting story.

As a human character, would I have to be discriminatory against elves? :( I know its bad form to get cozy with them but I don't really like being mean to them. What if I just ignored them or something? What is considered the usual intensity of discrimination? Is this a bad question to ask in this thread?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on December 07, 2009, 07:08:59 PM
As a human character, would I have to be discriminatory against elves? :( I know its bad form to get cozy with them but I don't really like being mean to them. What if I just ignored them or something? What is considered the usual intensity of discrimination? Is this a bad question to ask in this thread?

You get to choose how your PC feels about elves (or any other group) and what your PC does with/to/for elves (or any other group). That being said, your human PC has been raised to believe that elves are sneaky, untrustworthy, lying thieves who will sell you out at the first opportunity; they're just not human like you and me, you know. If your PC is the type to ignore elves, that's OK; if your PC is the type to cautiously do business with elves, that's OK; if your PC is the type to beat elves up, that's OK; if your PC is the type to try to swindle elves before they do it to you first, that's OK. Generally speaking, being "friends" with an elf, or having an ongoing sexual or romantic relationship with an elf, is not something a human is going to do without extensive roleplay to change his/her opinion about that elf or elves in particular. It is probably more acceptable to have a fetish for elven whores than it is to make an elf one's "mate," but doing either may have IC consequences.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.