Prone.

Started by RogueGunslinger, November 27, 2009, 11:05:37 PM

I'm way too high to go into detail, but in the current game there is sitting, sleeping, standing and the ever obscure resting. I suggest one more be added: Prone.

Prone would keep people from seeing you by looking in your direction, and also be a position that you can be recovering hp quicker than 'standing' pace in and still be able to >watch east. It would be slower than the resting regeneration.

Oooh.. I like it.  +1.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I'm down for it. Seems ridiculous that I can't actually try just laying down and -watching- a direction.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

This thread gave me an idea though.

How about if standing, you could be seen from three rooms away.
Sitting/resting you could be seen two rooms away.
Prone you could be seen only one room away.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Why don't we just add skill_bunnyhopping, skill circle_strafe, and skill_dolphin_diving along with it. ;)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Delstro on November 29, 2009, 01:15:26 PM
This thread gave me an idea though.

How about if standing, you could be seen from three rooms away.
Sitting/resting you could be seen two rooms away.
Prone you could be seen only one room away.

I wouldn't mind this added to the current code at all, but I would want:
standing:  Three rooms
sitting   :  Two rooms
resting  :  One room
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Hah.

I just pictured a newb going prone on Caravan Road and getting trampled.

Sounds like hide for warriors. No way man.

I just wish we could sit and still watch in a direction =(

Quote from: Clearsighted on November 30, 2009, 08:10:59 PM
I just wish we could sit and still watch in a direction =(

This probably annoys me more than anything else of the kind.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Bogre on November 29, 2009, 03:24:00 PM
Why don't we just add skill_bunnyhopping, skill circle_strafe, and skill_dolphin_diving along with it. ;)
So long as nobody uses skill_noobtube or skill_laststand, it's all good.

skill_AC130 would be nice...

Indeed, I can see this being useful for crossbow assasins too......but only if they have the proper scope attachment.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

We already have grenades.

Quote from: Yam on December 01, 2009, 02:01:33 AM
We already have grenades.

Cap'n don't want 'em.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Personally I see no purpose to having a prone.  I say if you want to go prone then it is rest + change ldesc.

I can see no way this adds anything to the game.

However I applaud the starter of this thread.  Having the courage to throw your ideas out there for critisim by other gamers is really scary.  I've thrown some real gold nuggets out there in the past myself.  One of my favorite is the inclusion of in game juke boxes that endlessly cycle ' I kissed a girl and I liked it '. 

For some reason I thought it'd make the game more harsh.

Eh, no reason to applaud me. I've been posting long enough to not be afraid of criticism. As for not adding anything. I'll have to disagree. Its adding a coded ability that we've not been able to use before. But I'll certainly agree that coding this is more work than it's worth. More of a 2.arm idea than anything.

Might be able to add significant disadvantage to melee combat if you are caught 'prone'.  Bonus against ranged combat.  Make bash put you in this position.  Or something.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on December 07, 2009, 03:11:38 AM
Might be able to add significant disadvantage to melee combat if you are caught 'prone'.  Bonus against ranged combat.  Make bash put you in this position.  Or something.

And falling prone would be a minor action, but standing up again would take a move action.

Quote from: Armaddict on December 07, 2009, 03:11:38 AM

I don't know about bash, seems to me if I'm trying to kick your gluteous maximus, I'm not going to roll you over, I'm just going to kick you in the chest and let you topple over.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein