new doc

Started by Sandlord, June 26, 2003, 08:46:07 PM

Maybe Im just crazy but i think that in the general information section there should a be a documentation on Tribes and tribal people. Its ahuge part of the game and all the info on the site is spread out. There should a be in depth tribe section, nothing too ic, but a little more info and consolidated as well. Anyone else think so?
oh I'm on fire.

Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

i know that, i think it shouldbe in the general information section of the site
oh I'm on fire.

I guess to elaborate on your original point, I think there's probably a dozen different ways you could organize the information on the website; I would organize it in a way that's more intuitive to me, but that might be less intuitive to other people.  In a way I sort of like having to go a couple different places to get what I'm looking for, because then I often stumble upon something else that gives me an idea.

One thing that I would like is if the subguild information was in general info, because right now when I'm glancing between guilds and subguilds I have to go from general info to the helpfiles, and then browse through the helpfiles.

I don't think your suggestion is a bad one, I thought you were just unable to find the information at all.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Crymerci, if you haven't already please idea that subguild change in game so that we can get it into the database.  It's a really good idea.

-Shinigami, IdeaMan of Tektolnes
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

Often in the weekly update there will be a link to a great new doc. Then after I delete the email, I can never find the link again. One thing I would love is a search function, for the website. Or a doc section arranged alphabetically. I have no doubt the information is readily accessable, and I'm too stupid to find it. Please, dumb it down a little for me.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: "Barzalene"...One thing I would love is a search function, for the website. Or a doc section arranged alphabetically. I have no doubt the information is readily accessable, and I'm too stupid to find it. Please, dumb it down a little for me.

Google has a neat site search feature. Go to google and type this for your search on muls:
site:www.armageddon.org mul

Replace the word mul with whatever keywords you wish to search for, and you will be good to go.

As far as an alphebetized list try typing 'help' in the game. You will get a very comprehensive alphabetized list of all the help files.

No, no not the help files. The docs.

See that's the thing too, I don't want to do a google search. I want to be able to scroll a list of docs and think "Oooh, interesting." Or "what does Rennick do?"
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Correct me if I misunderstand Barzalene - but I think what you're asking for is -similar- to what I'd love to see: a web tree.

An example of a web tree can be found here:

http://www.ke9.com/roadmap.html

Bear in mind - that's the tree for another game, and my intention is not to advertise that game here. It's just an example of a really great web tree.

It's broken down enough that you get a general idea of WHERE to find things - without having to scroll through this huge mutha-fukka alphabetical list with 47 different links to the word "the" in the T section.

See, that tree doesn't get me all hot and bothered, but I like the list of categories over at the left.  If the sub-branches only popped up when you clicked or hovered on the main branch, that would be cool.

Doesn't even have to be anything complex, webpage-codewise.

http://www.google.com/sitemap.html

Another example of just a text-based index that would make finding things easier.

I love the site map. It's wonderful. But I keep remembering seeing new docs in the weekly updates I can't find in the sight map. Maybe I'm only imagining it.

Not your imagination, we haven't updated it in a while.  I'll put it on the list of should-dos.

Wow, that's really nifty.  Love the collapsible/expandable branches.

Quote from: "Barzalene"I love the site map. It's wonderful. But I keep remembering seeing new docs in the weekly updates I can't find in the sight map. Maybe I'm only imagining it.
Thanks, and I'll get on to fixing up the sitemap in a few days ;) Been extremely busy with school work lately but that's dying down for the moment so I'll be able to get back to fixing it up :)

I've updated the sitemap. If anyone knows of any pages not linked to it please let me know ;)