Subduing the wanted

Started by Chettaman, November 21, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

If you use subdue on a wanted criminal... would that make you wanted?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

> subdue thief

The tall, muscular soldier of Tektolnes says, in sirihish,
"Thief! Thief! He's taking OUR criminal!"

You are now wanted.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I asked a helper about this a couple months ago and I THINK this is what the response was -

If they have nosave subdue on (are NOT saving vs subdue), then no, you won't get crim flagged.
If they don't have nosave subdue on, then yes, you will get crim flagged.

I don't think regular citizens are supposed to run around subduing people.  I'm pretty sure full members of the city's military can, though.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on November 21, 2009, 01:39:00 PM
I don't think regular citizens are supposed to run around subduing people.  I'm pretty sure full members of the city's military can, though.

Leaving the soldiering to th' soldiers. Otherwise, you could very easily end up imprisoned or dead yourself.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

You WILL be crim'd if you are not a member of the appropriate peace-keeping clan for the city you are in.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

And rank, which can vary depending which organization you are in.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Actually, If you are a citizen of the city in question you can subdue a criminal without being flagged. But they have to be crime flagged.

At which point if an npc soldier shows up, they are actually scripted to ask for the criminal...or else. So knowing "release amos soldier" Is a good idea.

That being said.

QuoteLeaving the soldiering to th' soldiers. Otherwise, you could very easily end up imprisoned or dead yourself.

That is the best advice. Often times, when you think somebody is crime flagged...they are not and unlike soldiers, you have no protection on a mistake.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I've killed criminal pc's as just a bystander before, it doesn't crim code you or at least it didn't, because who cares if you're hurting the criminal?  In fact I made money by bringing the head to a templar years ago.

The last two posts make me happy.