K! Thx! Bai!

Started by Decameron, November 21, 2009, 12:23:08 AM

Hi there,

I promised myself that after this last character, I would be taking a break and/or retiring from the game. While I haven't quite decided which that might be, quite yet, I am definitely on hiatius. I've had quite a bit of fun for the past 4-5 years, and definitely have a few fond memories. But, at the moment, I don't really feel compelled to continue - I won, and Zalanthas loses.  :P Thank you to .. well, basically everyone, for making the game for what it is, and to the Staff for putting up with me as patiently and for as long as they have. Don't really have anything else to add .. so .. Bye!

That's a shame, I really liked your last character.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Good luck man in your future endeavors.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Hello, everyone who reads this should know that Decameron made this game very awesome for me, for a long time. Thank you, Dec. I hope you come back one day, and that I might stumble upon your awesomeness. I miss you. [cries.]
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

You were always awesome to play with and I miss you already. Enjoy your hiatus!
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Drov, do I even need to type it?  . . . All righty; glady.   :)  Some of you might think I'm going overboard, but this is my honest experience.

I had the privilege of role-playing with Decameron a while back.  This man pushed me to game better, think faster, and play harder than at any other time in the last four years.  I remember several scenes in particular, with a certain FOUNTAIN, that drove me crazy trying to keep up!  I was glued to the screen as his emotes rolled off, one after the other.  Each one was not only highly descriptive, but layered, with various possible interpretations yet possessing the unifying themes of menace, perspicacity, and a rapacious intellect.  The driving crazy part was where I was groaning at that same screen, saying "It's not fair - he has the home field advantage using that thing as a prop!" and scrambling to keep up.  The amazing part is that every friggin' scene with him is like that.
     The player managed to create the most subtle alter ego I've ever seen in our shared universe and trust me, there was nothing "tree huggy" about it.  He taught me about the judicious use of disinformation, and how a viable spy network can function in a text-based game.  Most importantly for the game itself, he has a true gift for lending intensity to even the most mundane scene, generating an air of excitement and a sense of import.  Sweet Krath, what a leader.
     D., I am so sorry I never was able to create and sustain a worthy "partner in crime" for that remarkable character of yours.  I sincerely hope we'll get the chance to have that dance in either this iteration of Armageddon or the next.

-- Bluefae, who feels really, really sad right now
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Aww! This is sad. I'm going to miss you. As Bluefae mentioned, you are a marvelous RPer. I so enjoyed the time that I got to play with you. Good luck with school and your girl. We'll see you back here eventually... you can't quit Crackageddon.

<3,
Snap Dragon

I, too, enjoyed playing with you. Thank you for your contributions to the game. Take a good break, and I hope you will eventually return filled with passion and curiosity again.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I had a great time playing with your one PC with three different PC's of mine.  Hope to RP with you again when you return.  ;)
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I hated you, and that's a complement....thanks for the good times, see you back again. *sadistic smile and wave combo*
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I will never forget the magic moments. Be that the skellebaine, the zombies, or watching you finally PK a dude that one time a few years ago.

P.S.: You'll be back. Crackageddon crackageddon crackageddon etc.

Enjoy life in the meantime!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I had a lot of fun when we roleplayed together, even if I was so edgy from the awesome that my hands were shaking as I typed.

Shade.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I wish we'd run into each other more in-game. :) Enjoy your break.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

You'll still have won Arm when you get back. Take care.

I played with you for a few weeks when I was a brand spankin' newb. Thanks for the fun! Come back soon! I know you will.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

That's a shame - assuming you played who I think you did, you added a lot to the game. We'll miss you, and we'll see you on the other side. And I'll keep chugging along.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Here's to long-lived PCs, and the infinite patience of their players. A well-deserved break, Decameron. I hope to help change the world with you again some time!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Knowing who you are, I am very sorry to see you go. I've greatly enjoyed our role-play together. Won't be the same without you!

PS: Welcome back. ;)

See you later.
Amor Fati

I seem to be the only one who doesn't know who you played, but, we'll all see you in a few weeks when you come back. ;)

I've had one PC who was able to play with you for a short while and you scared the pants off me. :D That's a -good- thing considering your then role. Have a nice break and hopefully you return to us.

Quote from: Rhyden on November 21, 2009, 05:18:06 PM
I seem to be the only one who doesn't know who you played, but, we'll all see you in a few weeks when you come back. ;)

You're not alone. I'm just as lost.

But apparently you were awesome, so come back soon!!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I didn't know. I guessed.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Rhyden on November 21, 2009, 05:18:06 PM

(Since folks do seem to worry about how everybody knows everything: I had no clue who Decameron played 'til I saw him on a clan board.)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I, too, do not know who he played, but from the clues of "long lived" and knowing who plays in certain areas, and have posted here, I've got a fairly good guess...

..I think.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.