Dasari Noble Opening

Started by Nyr, November 20, 2009, 09:20:24 AM

We've got another opening for House Dasari.  Listing more details from player feedback on rolecalls.

House Dasari:  In Brief
QuoteDasari enjoy experimenting with everything: they use their peculiar affinity for herbs and herbal lore, poisons and poison lore, and an arcane understanding of medicine to create bizarre concoctions and do interesting things to living matter. Their tactics are, more often than not, effective for healing and developing medicinal solutions, and they teach a large number of healers and apothecaries within Gol Krathu. Their knowledge of such things is considered to be second to none, as they have gone (and continue to go) to extensive lengths to collect, catalog, and experiment with most of the regional flora; but many in the house could be considered to be "warped."

Dasari has established a niche for itself and as its services grow in need, so do its influences. Dasari maintains relationships with both Orders of the Templarate who request the assistance of the House in many of their endeavors beyond the Scaien Walls.

Appearance - The women are notorious for being ample in chest and hip, and the men tend toward a portly build as well, both by nature and their luxurious lifestyles. Hair colors tend toward red or the middle ranges of brown and blonde, with almost all family members having a tint of red in their hair whatever its shade. Nearly all Dasari nobles, regardless of gender, use herbal-based perfumes and cosmetics to enhance their appearance. In short, they are one of the most civilized houses in Gol Krathu by outward appearance.

The philosophy of the house is always to find out new things. New experiments. New plants. New concoctions. New effects. New studies.

The role we're looking for:  a noble in the Medical Branch.  Specifically, we're looking for someone interested in starting out as an Archivist.
Archivist:  Someone that records the findings of both physicians and herbalists, heads research projects, collect notes, and maintains and updates the House library.

Things you could be doing as an Archivist:
Writing a lot, detailing your findings in books, scrolls, letters, and the like for the sake of the House and their records.
Funding research projects of any sort that deal with flora and fauna, medicine, drugs, spice, etc.  Note that some funding may come from the House but you may have to find sources of funding yourself as well.
Hiring partisans or employees to help with your research.
Hiring partisans or employees to collect materials for other divisions as necessary.  (After all, we're all in this together!)
Training partisans, employees, other nobles, or templars in the mysterious knowledge of Dasari.

Opportunities will exist for transferring if need arises or if a noble so desires.
For assistance in creating your application, please read this guide.

Send apps to tuluki_nobles@armageddon.org.

Include the following:

• Account name
  • GDB account name
  • Name of your proposed character
  • Description of your proposed character
  • Background of your proposed character
    • If you are not very familiar with the House you are applying for, we can provide some guidance, but just keep it vague if you're unsure.  You can revise the background assuming you are approved and are given access to the documentation.
  • Your usual playtimes and your expectations of future playtimes
  • How familiar are you with Tuluk and Tuluki politics?  Pick a letter and explain.
    • A. Very Familiar (I make up a new Tuluki parting phrase every RL day that is some variation of "walk in/on/around His _____," and I know each House like the back of my hand--which, of course, has a seven-pronged star on it.)
    • B. Familiar (I can find my way around Tuluk and know, in general, what is going on with the Houses, but am not too familiar with the internal affairs of each one.)
    • C. Slightly Familiar (I know where the Sanctuary is and I know that there aren't any gemmers and that they hate magick, but who do I bow to?)
    • D.  Not Familiar (Striasiri?  I used to own a '98 Dodge Striasiri.)
    • E. Other (explain)

Applications will be closed on Friday, November 27 at 11:59 PM Eastern.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Apps are now closed; decision will be made soon. Thanks to all that applied!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Everyone should have been e-mailed at this point, and the new noble has been picked.