HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

Quote from: Jingo on December 07, 2009, 12:31:14 AM
I lived, but only because I logged during the good parts.

*adds this to the list of famous last words*
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Descriptive, powerful, and easily surpassed my expectations.  Well done.  (Seriously, whoever was in charge of the celestial descriptions deserves a round of applause.)
    Thanks for all the hard work everyone put into this, both player- and staff-side.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Fuck my uncle in the blarney stone that was intense.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

To all who died, I salute you.

To my fellow players who played their hearts out, keep rockin'.

Staff, you're amazing. Thank you.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I'm off to pass out...

Thanks for an amazing experience! Again, I survived an RPT through a sheer stroke of luck.

13 or 14 hours logged in today... Crackageddon....

Everyone I played with was fantastically atmospheric. That was intense, and I salute each and every one of you.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Just when I think it's winding down and nothing much was going to happen. BAM me and a bunch of others die.

Epic.

Also epic approval times, time to play in the aftermath.

I almost died!  ;D

Thanks everybody.

Allanak r00lz!
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

*does a small jig for destruction and all its holy purposes*
Free your hate.

Imms, that was awesome.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Wow.. just wow.

As a former hard-core Naki that has spent way to much time in Tuluk the last year and a half or so, might I say, "Damn, it was good to get back home!!!"

Staff: Awesome, just awesome, every bit of it, from the room echos, to the animations, to the room changes, and especially for the celestial activity.  Even in fantasy and sci-fi (ESPECIALLY IN LOW FANTASY) its not very often that the events on a planet can affect the solar system beyond it (at least believably) and it seem real.  You could not have done a better job of it.

To the players of all the characters that gave, nearly gave, or even risked their lives for the greater good of both their respective city/tribe/etc. and the game OOCly, thank you.  You are awesome.

To the looters: Wow.. that was the most efficient looting EVER!

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I had a blast  ;D  Thanks so much!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on December 07, 2009, 01:04:41 AM
Quote from: Adhira on December 07, 2009, 12:02:40 AM
Zoltan, Venomz, we love you. Truly.

I can't agree with this enough.  Just watching you all, that was an amazing time and you all reacted great against it.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Thank you.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

What is that clip from, btw?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

THIS GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE TO QUIT

I HATE YOU ALL
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I said it once already, but damn that was good. Mass kudos for all.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

That was a great HRPT. Very intense and exciting. I especially liked how the good stuff started many hours before go-time, it made for an incredible build-up and anticipation. Impressive atmosphere as always. The admin presence was as impressive as the attention to detail, nothing short of stellar. However...

Why must it be so that as soon as the truly deadly stuff starts, all hopes of real roleplay are thrown aside in favor of Armageddon's trademark code-fest?

Throughout the day, I saw people getting admin-launched missiles thrown at them faster than they could seemingly emote a reaction, forcing them to either spam-walk away or suffer unavoidable death. 30 damage pebbles are one thing, but every few seconds, on the same character over and over? X flies in from the north, x flies in from the north, x flies in from the north... if that had been a player, I would immediately have filed a strongly worded complaint.

Once the big things of doom rolled around, it was one-shot kill time. You don't even get to read their descriptions. Unarmed mobs with 50 strength, really? Wounding fist-hits to the head do not make for interesting combat. Eight such mobs in one room provides nothing but a frantic struggle to see who's fighting what, let alone attempt to emote or assess the situation. I would LOVE a few pre-combat moments to enjoy the thrill, enact the scene, and hopefully the very culmination of the entire HRPT could for the average player amount to more than -- assist tem...your vision goes black, beep.

With as much effort and perfection poured into the entire build-up, I have to wonder why the most important bit is always allowed to be a mindless, brief and indecipherable slug-fest where most people effectively have 1 hit point.

Quote from: Veges on December 07, 2009, 01:32:51 AM
That was a great HRPT. Very intense and exciting. I especially liked how the good stuff started many hours before go-time, it made for an incredible build-up and anticipation. Impressive atmosphere as always. The admin presence was as impressive as the attention to detail, nothing short of stellar. However...

Why must it be so that as soon as the truly deadly stuff starts, all hopes of real roleplay are thrown aside in favor of Armageddon's trademark code-fest?

Throughout the day, I saw people getting admin-launched missiles thrown at them faster than they could seemingly emote a reaction, forcing them to either spam-walk away or suffer unavoidable death. 30 damage pebbles are one thing, but every few seconds, on the same character over and over? X flies in from the north, x flies in from the north, x flies in from the north... if that had been a player, I would immediately have filed a strongly worded complaint.

Once the big things of doom rolled around, it was one-shot kill time. You don't even get to read their descriptions. Unarmed mobs with 50 strength, really? Wounding fist-hits to the head do not make for interesting combat. Eight such mobs in one room provides nothing but a frantic struggle to see who's fighting what, let alone attempt to emote or assess the situation. I would LOVE a few pre-combat moments to enjoy the thrill, enact the scene, and hopefully the very culmination of the entire HRPT could for the average player amount to more than -- assist tem...your vision goes black, beep.

With as much effort and perfection poured into the entire build-up, I have to wonder why the most important bit is always allowed to be a mindless, brief and indecipherable slug-fest where most people effectively have 1 hit point.

I'd imagine they were that powerful and the situations so fast and deadly because that's how it was supposed to be. They were supposed to be forces outside the scope of normal human experience.

Quote from: Veges on December 07, 2009, 01:32:51 AM
I would LOVE a few pre-combat moments to enjoy the thrill, enact the scene ...

You got 24 hours of that.

Sometimes the best thing to do, is not get hit.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"