HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

Gotta say... some damn good fun.  Only more to come. :D  You all better be on later today.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Ath on December 06, 2009, 04:20:55 AM
Gotta say... some damn good fun.  Only more to come. :D  You all better be on later today.

Thanks Ath.  ::)
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I dont get it. I thought it was supposed to happen on 6th of december, not 5th. Did I get the times wrong ?

Nope Dar, this is a minor preclude for whats to come.

Side or should I say, main note for why im posting: I accidently scheduled for a really hot girl to come over mid HRPT. Well. Hopefully she can stand me playing Arm.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Nyr on December 05, 2009, 10:19:54 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on December 05, 2009, 10:18:54 PM
I see the cities still stand, there aren't that much people online and all seems quiet and peaceful, so I assume it's over. I can't wait for the 'what you know' announcement.

You do realize the HRPT starts tomorrow?

Regardless, log in right now.

Dammit, I miscalculated the time zones.... fuck you timeanddate.com!!! I can't believe this...

Man I purposely went to bed early so I'd be fresh for when the HRPT has been scheduled for. Just to wake up to stuff already happening.

I think eternal darkness would be a lot cooler if you could actually use light sources to see where you are going.  As it is, the weather code is really preventing that - at least in Allanak.  It'd be great to be able to see room descriptions during this time of chaos, even if it is only by lantern light.

The Weather Code: Making this game extremely inconvenient for over a decade!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 08:12:35 AM
I think eternal darkness would be a lot cooler if you could actually use light sources to see where you are going.  As it is, the weather code is really preventing that - at least in Allanak.  It'd be great to be able to see room descriptions during this time of chaos, even if it is only by lantern light.

Agreed.

Not to mention what a new player might think of the situation should they log into it and find themselves unable to see anything outside of the Gaj no matter what.  Is "realism" really so important that we risk driving away potential new players during these Crazy Times with an ancient code that does absolutely nothing to assist playability?

I'm sorry to gripe over something the staff have put so much effort into, but I really think that recent events have served to highlight a long-overlooked problem.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Jengal on December 06, 2009, 08:48:23 AM
Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 08:12:35 AM

Agreed.

I hate to agree and be a critic too but I spent most of my time cursing the weather in this game. The penalties are simply too much.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: LauraMars on December 06, 2009, 09:06:52 AM
Not to mention what a new player might think of the situation should they log into it and find themselves unable to see anything outside of the Gaj no matter what.  Is "realism" really so important that we risk driving away potential new players during these Crazy Times with an ancient code that does absolutely nothing to assist playability?

I'm sorry to gripe over something the staff have put so much effort into, but I really think that recent events have served to highlight a long-overlooked problem.

Word on this. I missed all of the goodies last night. Log in on GMT morning. Find no one around, and can't navigate myself because of the weather. So.. A whole Sunday planned for Armageddon sort of goes wasted if I don't stay up all night for the HRPT. (Which I will. But I am just saying.)
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

I logged on after all the cool things happened, but I still get that apprehensive feeling while playing the game. Kudos to the staff for working it!
I ruin immershunz.

Agreed. Having light sources work would make this HRPT a little better. People would be able to navigate to other people and then rp together their reactions. To have been caught out in some iso location last night and while this HRPT is going on would make the game much less enjoyable.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Personally, I can't say I've ever been a fan of the weather system myself either.  However, for the purposes of this weekend, the skies should have cleared up around all the major pockets of civilization.

It's good to be a Highlord.   8)

Game on!

My light sources have been working fine...

The problem is not so much with light sources as with the winds.  When the skies are dark and clear, light sources work fine.  The problem is once the wind is beyond a certain strength all the sand in the air reduces visibility such that lights are ineffective in the dark, and at another point even in sunlight.

Everything so far is cool but....

Darkness? Seriously? So annoying.

On the bright side:  maybe now I'll finally get to twink up that stupid blind fighting skill that never gets used.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Tiernan on December 06, 2009, 10:01:05 AM
The problem is not so much with light sources as with the winds.  When the skies are dark and clear, light sources work fine.  The problem is once the wind is beyond a certain strength all the sand in the air reduces visibility such that lights are ineffective in the dark, and at another point even in sunlight.

My spidy sense tells me if you're not in a "major pocket of civilization" it won't matter much soon :)
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 06, 2009, 10:01:23 AM
Everything so far is cool but....

Darkness? Seriously? So annoying.

All complaints need to be submitted in writing to your local Templarate or ruling caste.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

And the rangers of the world continued to giggle gleefully...until they got wtfpwned by the sudden wave of Drovians.

Quote from: Tiernan on December 06, 2009, 09:51:56 AM
Personally, I can't say I've ever been a fan of the weather system myself either.  However, for the purposes of this weekend, the skies should have cleared up around all the major pockets of civilization.

It's good to be a Highlord.   8)

Game on!

Tiernan, I'm not sure how this is supposed to be working right now, but...lights ARE NOT illuminating main streets in 'nak enough that you can see anything.

It is a cool night.
Gritty sand blows in from the east, piling in small dunes.

Stinging sand swirls around you.

Darkness
  Total darkness surrounds you, preventing you from seeing anything
at all.  You have trouble telling where to put your feet when you walk.

You hold your unlit dusty simple, leather-wrapped bone torch.
You light an unlit dusty simple, leather-wrapped bone torch.

The area is filled with a yellow light.
You can't see a thing; sand swirls about you!
Alas, you cannot go that way.
The area is enveloped in darkness.

When I get my twink on, I can get around most of 'nak by feel...but, yeah, it'd be a tough weekend to be a newbie.  :-*
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Agreed, it's still very dark. Even with light sources.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Well...that's what you guys get for playing in places with bad weather... :p

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 06, 2009, 10:09:26 AM
Tiernan, I'm not sure how this is supposed to be working right now, but...lights ARE NOT illuminating main streets in 'nak enough that you can see anything.

I just jumped into an NPC to make sure.

Lights ARE illuminating main streets in Allanak well enough to see by.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Why did I think this was the 9th???????

OMFG I HAVE TODAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!