HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

can I get a +3 umbrella of protection from shit storms for that day?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

At 4:30 pm Pacific time on Sunday, I invite the whole playerbase to join me in:

> think (a bad feeling) I have a bad feeling about this.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

December 04, 2009, 07:37:21 PM #277 Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:40:15 PM by MarshallDFX
Spoiler:

An alien race of helmeted creatures is going to come down with the purpose of turning Zalanthas into a new factory, and all PCs will be enslaved to create their war-machine flying saucers.

Edit to note: Due to the restricted nature of the role, all apps will have to be special apps.

I for one welcome our new overlords.

Serious answer please...what does the H in HRPT mean? Could never figure it out.

Highly. Highly Recommended Playing Time.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Horrifying. Heart-attack. Heinous.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Mostly the H stands for Death, Destruction and Carnage.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fooled you.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Apparently someone was practicing the "kill all" command :(
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

The system message, also known as "the heart attack command."
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

I admit, I had the client closed for a second and the beep went off and I yelled WTF!
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Ahh, highly. Thanks guys.

Shit, I'll have to miss this. At best I'll log at the end of it wondering why the hell the city is burning.

Quote from: spicemustflow on December 05, 2009, 06:24:55 AM
Shit, I'll have to miss this. At best I'll log at the end of it wondering why the hell the city is burning.

Actually, I believe the 'HRPT Update' thread in the Staff Announcements forum is intended to be updated throughout the day with things that your character would most likely know about upon entering the game world, so you can mesh right into the situation a bit more seamlessly.  That way, you don't have to ask what the trillions of small furry creatures are flooding the streets of the city, you will KNOW that they are tribbles that escaped from a starship that seem to breed at an uncontrollable rate.

I know, but it's not the same... I am always the last to hear things. Well, it's hard not o when you're dead most of the time, but I am very spry at the moment.

For once, I am happy that the arseholes at work cancelled me for next week  ;D

I usually have to log off just as things get interesting as I live in the UK  >:(

I just had a dream that went something like this (in MUD-vision, of course):

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Lightning reigns down from the sky, frying your brain!

*mantis*

I think it's an omen telling me not to play in the HRPT.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on December 05, 2009, 11:44:42 AM

*mantis*

Awww..come on. That would be an awesome way to die. My hobby is collecting new and interesting character deaths..

Quote from: morrigan on December 05, 2009, 12:23:25 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on December 05, 2009, 11:44:42 AM

*mantis*

Awww..come on. That would be an awesome way to die. My hobby is collecting new and interesting character deaths..

I agree. That death would be something different. My only problem would be I'd be wondering who and why killed me via this fashion if it occurred. But then I wonder that whenever I get PKed by strange characters whose motives I don't know.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on December 05, 2009, 01:14:34 PM
I agree. That death would be something different. My only problem would be I'd be wondering who and why killed me via this fashion if it occurred. But then I wonder that whenever I get PKed by strange characters whose motives I don't know.

Actually in my dream, I was spying on a Jihaen who was instructing a 'rinther on how to mine obsidian on top of the shield wall. He scanned and saw me, I ran, and then I god kersploded.

So the actual dream was not very plausible at all, and I knew (kind of) who killed me.

I would love to get my character in game before tomorrow.

*hint hint nudge nudge*

Quote from: Weregortok on December 05, 2009, 03:30:45 PM

*hint hint nudge nudge*

Denied.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.

Quote from: Olgaris on December 05, 2009, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: Weregortok on December 05, 2009, 03:30:45 PM

*hint hint nudge nudge*

Denied.

Burned!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I am such a dumb fuck.
Never been to an HRPT. Always missed it. Always just got my iso special app in the day before. Was always out of town. Stored a Kuraci recruit week before Luir's was invaded.
But no, not this time. Not today. I cleared my schedule, had a powerful, well-made, interesting character. All ready to go in and watch shit hit the fan.
And then I died. The night before. I fucking died. Out of nowhere, I got ganked by an NPC.
Fuck. My. Life.
Are reincarnations ever given out of sheer pity?
Nilazi cantrip:
You get a brief image of a pasty-white twenty-something hunched over a plastic tray and staring into a shining box as @ begins his incantation.

Quote from: HalfGiantWithAShotgun on December 05, 2009, 06:50:21 PM
I am such a dumb fuck.
Never been to an HRPT. Always missed it. Always just got my iso special app in the day before. Was always out of town. Stored a Kuraci recruit week before Luir's was invaded.
But no, not this time. Not today. I cleared my schedule, had a powerful, well-made, interesting character. All ready to go in and watch shit hit the fan.
And then I died. The night before. I fucking died. Out of nowhere, I got ganked by an NPC.
Fuck. My. Life.
Are reincarnations ever given out of sheer pity?

Denied.