HRPT

Started by Bogre, November 15, 2009, 10:40:20 PM

I can't say anything about my death during the RPT. I'm a little bummed to have lost her, but that certainly wasn't staff's fault. And it sure wasn't one-shot death.

I've come to the conclusion long-lived characters do hurt more to lose. But hey, what a party. This sure will be one of the more memorable adventures I've had on Arm. I have that to comfort me, that and that I had a damn good time through pretty much all of this RPT.

Thanks again, players and staff.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 07, 2009, 01:42:27 AM
I can't agree here enough. The reality is that Armageddon will kill you, and sometimes, the things that come for you are just that deadly. And if you make a mistake, it's made. That's the thing though - you don't always know you've made a mistake until after you have made it. And that's awesome. And you don't always get to take back your mistake.

Yeh, I whined a bit earlier in this thread. Trust me, I deserve to be able to. But I accepted the way this game works a long time ago. So the '50 str mob' was part of the story.

And it's a pretty cool story.

Chapter 53 is done.

Turning to Chapter 54.

7DV wyns, I believe.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Great job, staff!

I didn't get into the thick of things, but I did fear for my characters life during some parts and have stories to tell.

Can't wait to have fun in the aftermath.

So this isn't a joke, because if it was it would be in terrible taste, but did anyone but me notice the startling parallels between what happened in Tuluk and hurricane Katrina?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Now it'll only be a week or so before the Faithful Emergency Manipulation Agency gets to work.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: jcljules on December 07, 2009, 10:47:53 AM
So this isn't a joke, because if it was it would be in terrible taste, but did anyone but me notice the startling parallels between what happened in Tuluk and hurricane Katrina?

You have to be joking.

Odd urge: Make a bardic douche named Malik East who exclaims to the city how Muk Utep hates tribal people. ;D

It reminds me of some Biblical stuff.   I don't remember the quotes, but I seem to remember 1/4 of the world covered with fire, 1/4 of it flooded....or something.  And maybe 1/4 covered with locust.

We need more locust!

Except this is Zalanthas.  If there was a plague of locusts, the people would happily just eat them.

Plague of Mantis.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 07, 2009, 11:16:21 AM
Except this is Zalanthas.  If there was a plague of locusts, the people would happily just eat them.

Quote from: Ath on December 07, 2009, 11:20:45 AM
Plague of Mantis.

Already happened.  See the History page about Luir's.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

December 07, 2009, 11:49:21 AM #610 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:00:17 PM by Cavaticus
I'm reading that as a challenge to outdo the Luirs Mantis Invasion. Am I reading that right?

PS: Where is your current PC spending most of its time?

Human impact on climate change hasn't been proven! Global warming is a hoax, Zalanthan weather just naturally fluctuates! I don't know what everyone is getting all worked up about.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: Cavaticus on December 07, 2009, 11:49:21 AM
I'm reading that as a challenge to outdo the Luirs Mantis Invasion. Am I reading that right?

PS: Where is your current spending most of its time?

Mantis invasions, recent RPT happenings there, other hosts of unpleasantness over the years..poor Luir's won't be around for much longer
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Hmmmm...  Mantis invasion, check.  Gith invasion, check.  Too many other possible options.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

Cool, that was better than warcraft 3.

Did a whole clan of PCs get eliminated and killed from the game during the HRPT (not planned, either)

That happened with the rebellion and the restoration of Tuluk back in 2002 :).
Halaster's hrpt that killed everybody in the clan.. Hehe
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on December 07, 2009, 02:19:14 PM
Did a whole clan of PCs get eliminated and killed from the game during the HRPT (not planned, either)

That happened with the rebellion and the restoration of Tuluk back in 2002 :).
Halaster's hrpt that killed everybody in the clan.. Hehe

And the blackmoon raiders :(

Almost all of the other clans that participated in that hrpt had their PC populations wiped out too, they were just able to rebuild.

man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on December 07, 2009, 11:02:06 AM
Now it'll only be a week or so before the Faithful Emergency Manipulation Agency gets to work.

+1
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Thank goodness the stump had taken those red cross swimming lessions.... Great job!
Everybody knows it's now or never, everybody knows it's Me or You!

Quote from: Pale Horse on December 07, 2009, 12:00:11 PM
poor Luir's won't be around for much longer
Luirs'll make it.

That's just how badass it is.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I've discovered who is really behind the "Black Moon"

I wonder how long it's going to take to clean the Tuluk arena.

I wonder how long it's going to take for north-folk people to not tell Southies what happened to Tuluk.  ::)
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

So does this mean that we all have to be depressed now, forever?  :-\
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on December 07, 2009, 07:13:55 PM
So does this mean that we all have to be depressed now, forever?  :-\

No, just you ;)

Seems like a perfect-time for morale-boosting parties in your city of choice!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.