Amusing: Drunkeness

Started by Kryos, November 06, 2009, 03:46:37 PM

In addition to butchering your wisdom, I'd love to see drinking tank your stun.  You are less focused, aware, and certainly more weak to stun-related things while drunk.  Knock the falling over part back several notches and crank a big stun penalty.  This could have wonderful applications.

Actually, getting plastered on Arm does alot more then just "butchering" your wisdom. You are less focused, aware, etc.

If you drink to much... Find out IC.

Edit: Is it just me or do you seem to want to come up with more ways to destroy our Stun? >.>
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Kryos on November 06, 2009, 03:46:37 PM
In addition to butchering your wisdom, I'd love to see drinking tank your stun.  You are less focused, aware, and certainly more weak to stun-related things while drunk.  Knock the falling over part back several notches and crank a big stun penalty.  This could have wonderful applications.

Yeah, if you think drinking doesn't affect your ability to do stun related things like waying and staying awake ... you're not drinking right  ;D

EDIT to add: I agree though that the falling down thing could stand to be taken down a notch. At least, when inside a city.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I don't know about you, but my concentration stays the same, regardless of whether I'm sober or plastered.

The problem is I'm usually concentrating on the wrong things.

I'm pretty sure the coding takes this into consideration already, even if it doesn't show any numbers.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Think your a badass +20 warrior? Go get plastered and spar that fresh +1 warrior.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I wouldn't mind something that replaced the constant falling over. Like how staff fixed the ride code to not always refuse to move. Stun loss could work, maybe a very tiny bit of hp? I just find falling over 30 times in a row a little bit jarring.

Yeah yeah, I've been plastered IC, sparred while drunk, used the way while drunk, been snuck up on whlie drunk.  But I'm saying it should decrease your stun like using active skills such as guard does.

And yes, I am saying there should be more in depth manipulation of stun by the players and mechanics.

Quote from: Kryos on November 07, 2009, 10:23:54 PM
Yeah yeah, I've been plastered IC, sparred while drunk, used the way while drunk, been snuck up on whlie drunk.  But I'm saying it should decrease your stun like using active skills such as guard does.

And yes, I am saying there should be more in depth manipulation of stun by the players and mechanics.
I think it's cool what your trying to do but Stun is already used for plenty of things. The Way, for one. Scan, Listen, watch and Guard - For another. And to top it off, combat & riding (When struck / fallen off). If you try piling too many penalties to stun - People will be collapsing more often in an unrealistic situation.

I'd hate to see 1/2 of the population develop narcolepsy overnight.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on November 07, 2009, 11:06:22 PM
I think it's cool what your trying to do but Stun is already used for plenty of things. The Way, for one. Scan, Listen, watch and Guard - For another. And to top it off, combat & riding (When struck / fallen off). If you try piling too many penalties to stun - People will be collapsing more often in an unrealistic situation.

I'd hate to see 1/2 of the population develop narcolepsy overnight.

Everything you just listed would be difficult to do while drunk. So, it wouldn't really make a difference, would it?

I like the falling down code! It's like you're so plastered you can hardly walk straight.

In fact, I kinda wish there's a slur code too. That way, when you get very intoxicated or totally plastered, you get something like:

The stinky, dirty drunkard slurs in sirihish,
           "Heyyyy there, sexyy."

Just a thought.
I ruin immershunz.

Please no, on the slur code.

I played on one mud that had it... it was terrible. It made a lot of people just about impossible to understand.

As for the falling down thing, I would like to see it handled somewhat like ride is now with the new changes, though with longer delays for failure to walk (like maybe 2x that entailed in riding). I'd like it to still be 'possible' to outright fall, just highly, highly unlikely. In fact, I wouldn't even mind if it brought up output to the room saying you were staggering aimlessly and barely catching hold of things to right yourself. I just don't like the need to stand;w 50 times when my character gets drunk.

I wouldn't like to see drunkenness itself fuck with your stun, but maybe 1-2 IC hours of time after the drunkenness wears off, a small cut to stun might be nice, simulating a head-ache or a hangover. If anything, I'd rather see drunkenness temporarily take your wisdom and agility down a bracket while boosting your strength by one, and possibly your endurance.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Try playing someone with poor endurance and then tell me if you think any more stun manipulation is fun.   :)
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I want to be able to crawl when drunk.

I don't mind the falling down code. In my eyes, it's passed from super-annoying to endearingly-Armageddony. Slur code, though... no thanks. Same with stat modifiers (if they aren't in already). I like having the freedom to RP the drunkeness how it would go with each character, and where constantly falling is irritating, codedly-slurred speech would be nigh-unplayable. Sure, some of my characters get nearly impossible to understand when they're plastered, but then again I play some like they get magickal vocabulary expansion powers when they start boozing. I don't think that's entirely unrealistic, and coding it a certain way would take away some creative control.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Dan on November 09, 2009, 06:00:16 PM
Try playing someone with poor endurance and then tell me if you think any more stun manipulation is fun.   :)

If you have poor endurance, you shouldn't be trying to get totally plastered. Or you'll just get plastered faster.

Quote from: Kankfly on November 09, 2009, 09:48:07 AM
I like the falling down code! It's like you're so plastered you can hardly walk straight.

In fact, I kinda wish there's a slur code too. That way, when you get very intoxicated or totally plastered, you get something like:

The stinky, dirty drunkard slurs in sirihish,
           "Heyyyy there, sexyy."

Just a thought.

> change accent drunk

I would approve, as long as it was JUST an accent, and didn't actually make your says incomprehensible, like old school ROM drunk code does.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Yet, being drunk inclines you towards passing out, even if it doesn't knock you out right and proper.  It's hardly narcolepsy if its drinking code.