Viewing a person's stun condition

Started by Kryos, November 06, 2009, 01:55:39 AM

I'd love it if you could see how much stun loss a player has.  Even if its a 'look' generated tag like 'looks slightly distracted' 'seems a bit fuzzy' 'looks dazed'  'Is obviously dazed and confused' or the like would be wonderful.  I'm not sure a 'look' at the room should reveal this, but if it did, tagging on a line that is prioritized lower then the health state would be wonderful.

Thoughts?

Only if there was a skill that governed it... and possibly a skill that opposes it.  How to train the one that opposes it, which I believe you should be able to do since you could train the skill that governs it, is a quandry, however.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

This frightens me muchly. 

Stun has got a ton in common with hp in that low stun means you could be seconds from death.  If someone could tell you were low stun, they might start going for the club over the head killings a lot, maybe even randomly.  Frankly considering we need to use our stun and possibility often I don't really wanna give see people who are looking for random pking more of an oppertunity to actually pull it off.  I think it's fine that we keep this value completely hidden.

What u7 said.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

November 06, 2009, 03:38:48 PM #4 Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 03:44:09 PM by Kryos
Thing is, its easy to tell when someone's on the verge of blacking out, and has useful applications in training and generally being a naughty person, without resorting to head-clubbing.  Though, honestly, more frequent muggings would be cool.

Edit: Where's that zalanthas is harsh MO I see so often? :(

My only issue with this suggestion is that I imagine the effects of having low stun would be far more subtle than that of low HP or movement.   I'd prefer that it be left in the realm of RP.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I wouldn't really care what someone's stun was at unless I was planning on knocking them out. Just about everyone Ways while going through their normal day, so would you really want to walk into a room and see massive amounts of 'dazed/unfocused' looks? I mean, you could always tell when someone was using the Way just by watching for their "stun" message.

That, in my opinion, is silly. In real life, I'm not going to be staring so intently at someone as of to discern if their "focused" or not.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

If they're an aide, a merchant/noble/templar, or a hot chick, you can pretty much just assume their stun is depleted anyways.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Yeah, someone's "mental fortitude" and its current stat strikes me as a bit tricky to be able to perceive. I'm cool with this being hidden and staying that way.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.