Lip rings and other bodily forms of art!!!

Started by Forest Junkie, June 23, 2003, 05:59:21 PM

Do you want body jewelry implemented?

No.
10 (38.5%)
Yes.
16 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: June 23, 2003, 05:59:21 PM

So, what does everyone think about having the lips, nose, and eyebrows as coded areas to put jewelry??! I for one love the idea, and I hope the imms are considering impementing it! :P

Can have coded lipstick then too!

Creeper who can have a dwarf, put on a big wig, wear some lipstick... Yikes.
21sters Unite!

HELLZ YEAH!!!

>:pursing his lips together, @ applies the last of the crimson-red, tantalizing lipstick to ~lips. :P

Meh.  In many cases equipment lists are too long already.  I remember a Kadian that used to wear 10 rings with no gloves.  :shudder:  You can have lip, nose or eyebrow jewelery if you shop around, just not all three at once.  Likewise you can't wear more than two earrings, or more than ten rings.

I think this is one of those cases where roleplay can trump codded perks.  Someone with many piercings in their head probably wears that jewelery all the time, so you could just include your multitude of facial hardware in your main description.  As long as you don't claim they are metal or other rare and expensive materials I imagine it wouldn't be a problem.

I mean, man, we don't even have a _groin_ wear location and you want to add eyebrows?  That's messed up.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Cod pieces are worn about the waist AC.  :oops:
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

well once we got a _groin_ position it could be worked into as a piercing too....

anyways. I vote no...because there are much more important things to be worked on with any devoted time....
*shrug* just put it in the main desc then...since for most 'other' piercings...its rare to take them out for an extended period
Veteran Newbie

A thought...

A main reason for having 'coded' piercings to me is so that I can spend more time actually describing my pc's desc in more detail, instead of having to describe a particularly "important" piercing that is on my body. Describing more than two piercings in detail just takes up too much space, and leaves too little of it to describe more of your pc's physical attributes ie hair, face, etc...

So, having the coded regions for lips, nose, and eyebrows among other things will give us more space to give better physical descriptions, AS WELL AS give more room in having desc's with actual coded lip-rings.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say on that? I know my reasoning sounds stupid, but come on, I say give me props for trying, right! Right?...  ...  ...shit... :twisted:

i get what you mean by that.
Veteran Newbie

I'd say given the tribal cultures in Zalanthas that it might be a pretty slick idea. I'd eventually like to see pierce_locs that matched up for most wear_locs. That'd be cool to see someone with bone piercings through their neck  8)

Dracul...ouchy is all I can say... :o

piercings are great. Ive done my labret, tongue, and three times my left ear.

what I don't like about having coded piercing spots is that you dont just, wear, a ring...you have to pierce it...let it heal....keep a ring (or stud) in it so it doesnt heal.

;) just me being bitchy.
Veteran Newbie

We could work it like the tattoo system so they can't be removed once applied. I think that might be quite cool, then they could be easily covered up by clothing and a new code system wouldn't need to be worked out.

One of the main problems with a lot of wear locations is the clutter of the screen because of it. What would be more condusive would be if the code allowed bunching, for finger, earring, and tattooes. You might, in this way, look at a fellow and see this.

The tiny male wearing a dusty smilyface veil is using:
<worn on head>           a dusty veiled, wide-brimmed surmac
<worn on face>           a dusty smilyface veil
<worn around neck>       a dusty snake-skin neckguard
<left shoulder>       a number of tattooes and a few scars
<worn on arms>           a pair of mekillot-hide armguards
<worn around wrist>      a mica-inlaid bone bracelet
<worn on left hand>      five rings
<worn on right hand>      four rings        

<worn around body>       a dusty hooded brown sandcloth cloak
<worn on legs>           a bloodied pair of patched sandcloth pants
<worn on feet>           a dusty pair of sturdy leather travellers' boots

Looking at the fellow's wear location or the keyword for rings and such would allow a short list of the objects' short descriptions. It would be much better.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I agree completely Venomz  :D

:::EDIT:::: I also like Pungee's idea  :D

You could e-mail in a player request to MUD to request a custom tattoo of sorts.  This would be, for example...

<face> a series of curved bone lip-rings

These polished white circles are fastened to the man's lower lip, their ends tainted with a reddish tinge.  The skin around each piercing is chapped and worn from constant exposure to the sun and harsh winds of Zalanthas.

I'm not sure how other staff members feel about it, but that's something i've always liked.  I agree in that the new wear locations would be great, but, as others have stated, it could be overdone.  This brings many code issues into place... should veils or facewraps cover the lips?  Sunslits cover the eyes and nose?  There are variations that would probably need to be set by each individual item, which would likely mean making significant changes to the way items are worn.
Vendyra

I like your idea, but what if the pc in question currently has a scar on his face...Would it have to be removed code-wise to put the lip ring in?

No, the lip-ring would technically function just as a tattoo would.  I guess if you wanted a scar on the face, it would have to be worked into that description as well.
Vendyra

Ok then, I might mail the mud and see if they'll hook me up :P

I just want one of those smiley-face veils Venomz had in his demonstration post earlier.

Only mine would look more like this:  :twisted:
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate: