Hello there.

Started by Mr. Retro, September 22, 2009, 03:31:38 PM

September 22, 2009, 03:31:38 PM Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:40:19 PM by Mr. Retro
First off, my apologies if there is another forum meant for introductions, I've been looking. I figured it would go here as an arrival of a new member is pertinent to the game somewhat.

So, hi, I'm Mr. Retro. I already made a character who has been approved, so I have that base covered. I met two people, so if you guys met a *edited out to conform to the rules. No desire to ruin things for others*, that was me. Mmhmm... Well, I'm not spectacular with introductions, but I felt it proper to say hi to everyone.

And now for my interests:

Campaign designer: I am currently working on a campaign based on the idea that magic is evil and the only good races are the humans, orcs, and dwarves.

Writer: I`m really into writing, especially fantasy and sci-fi, both of which usually having a dark twist.

Roleplaying: I've only found myself into AD&D recently (I started when 3.5 was the popular one), but I've always loved the concept of Dark Sun.

In any case, hi everybody.

Hello Mr. Retro, and welcome to Armageddon! I hope you'll enjoy it here.

Just a thing: mentioning who you play on the GDB is generally considered not good. The exception to this is on clan specific forums. The reason being that OOC cooperation could start that way. It might not matter much now, but it might later.

Yes Czar! I shall make note of that, sorry.

Welcome to Armageddon. If you have specific questions about the game, you might also check out the list of helpers and try there. (Though posting general, non-IC-info questions here on the GDB is fine too.) Have fun, and thanks in advance for the boots.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Hi! Welcome to some of the most engaging roleplay you'll find on the interwebs.

Remember: don't trust the elves, halflings will eat your face, and if someone says "nice boots", watch out.

Welcome.  Sounds like you will fit in nicely with the rest of us.

My thoughts on the matter?

"MMmmmmmm... Tasty."

(Welcome to ArmageddonMUD!)
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

^^^

What it said.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Hey!

If you're new to the whole, MUD scene, you should check out the link in my signature.  It's got some helpful code hints in it!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Welcome to CrackaArmagedoon! Learning the syntax can be difficult, as well as learning the difference between a jozhal and a carru, but stick with it and you'll get out of it what you put in!

You can start by investing your boots with me. I'll take good care of them.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

We're going to cut you open and play with your blood.

Quote from: Yam on September 22, 2009, 08:23:44 PM
We're going to cut you open and play with your blood.

And you don't even want to know what the Red Fangs will do to what's left of you.

Everyone loves me! :B Well, thanks for the warm welcomes. Except for you, mansa. You're simply too handy to be trusted. But this Yam guy seems like someone I'd be safe with!

Quote from: Mr. Retro on September 22, 2009, 08:38:12 PM
Everyone loves me! :B Well, thanks for the warm welcomes. Except for you, mansa. You're simply too handy to be trusted. But this Yam guy seems like someone I'd be safe with!

Your cover failed again Mansa
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Welcome to the game.  :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Mr. Retro on September 22, 2009, 08:38:12 PMBut this Yam guy seems like someone I'd be safe with!

As long as you're over the age of 13.

And welcome to Armageddon.

Over 13, definitely. Almost military age, in fact. Well, good to know there are people here willing to extend a nice greeting, while they plot their characters to turn mine into some kind of sandwich.

Your grammar is gooder.  You may pass.

Welcome to Armageddon.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Dibs on his boots.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

Not to be rude or anything, but the last "boot" joke kinda killed it. I understand the whole in joke thing and have no desire to be a snob, but it was essentially the same joke over and over and I'm already quite familiar with the phrase and it's meanings. God, I feel like a jerk saying that.

Quote from: Mr. Retro on September 23, 2009, 05:57:15 PM
Not to be rude or anything, but the last "boot" joke kinda killed it. I understand the whole in joke thing and have no desire to be a snob, but it was essentially the same joke over and over and I'm already quite familiar with the phrase and it's meanings. God, I feel like a jerk saying that.

I advise you not to assume that posters in general ever read posts other than their own. In fact, you will find your time on the GDB more enjoyable and less stressful if you see us as basically a collection of sympathetically-drawn, narcissistic loudmouths.

Okay, see them just as I see myself. Got it.

Quote from: Mr. Retro on September 23, 2009, 06:02:43 PM
Okay, see them just as I see myself. Got it.

See! You fit in! :)