Ride

Started by askaran, August 31, 2009, 11:24:00 PM

I just noticed.. instead of my newbish character being plagued by you're mount refuses to move I get... Your mount slows and you urge it forward.. or I just fall off.. When did this get changed?
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

A while ago. Its to make the ride-fails more believable, as well as making it somewhat easier for noobRecruitTheTwo to go on patrols. So long as you pay attention, you can see that you fell off, or drained extra stamina, or what have you.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The falling off result happens way too often, imho. It looks like slapstick.

Somebody needs to open up a riding school.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I like the new riding system a lot. Have no issues with it at all. Falling off now does suck, but ... it's still better than getting stuck and having to spam 'n' 10 times to catch up.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

This code was a really good idea and apparently well implemented as well. Unofficial kudos.

Quote from: Northlander on September 01, 2009, 01:55:30 PM
This code was a really good idea and apparently well implemented as well. Unofficial kudos.

Yeah, falling threw me for a major loop, but I think it's a grand improvement. Coming from a player who's characters always suck at riding but ride a -lot-.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on September 01, 2009, 01:51:44 PM
I like the new riding system a lot. Have no issues with it at all. Falling off now does suck, but ... it's still better than getting stuck and having to spam 'n' 10 times to catch up.

And the entire time you're thinking:  "They won't notice!  They'll leave me behind!  I'll be lost out here and dooOOoOoOooomed!"

Haha.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I appreciate the work that went into the new fail-at-ride system, and understand the reasons for it.

But I preferred the old system.  :P

I like it.. Just took me by surprise when I didnt notice the, You fall off of (generic mount)... And when I happened to look down at my prompt and saw my stun was down and I was exhausted
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

I haven't played it yet, but word on the str33ts be if you fell 50% less it would be rad.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com