Buzzards?

Started by musashi, August 30, 2009, 10:17:07 PM

August 30, 2009, 10:17:07 PM Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM by musashi
Anyone else notice how the buzzards in game actually look a whole lot like vulchers instead?

Vulcher

Buzzard

Now I'm confused as to which ones they are in game.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Yeah, I noticed that a while back... I always picture them as turkey vultures.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Awwwww but buzzards' are such cooler birds of prey  :'(

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 30, 2009, 10:20:13 PM
Yeah, I noticed that a while back... I always picture them as turkey vultures.

Same for me.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Vulture and buzzard are synonyms, at least in some parts of the English-speaking world.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 01, 2009, 03:42:05 AM
Vulture and buzzard are synonyms, at least in some parts of the English-speaking world.

yea, I wouldn't have had any idea.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Aren't they vultures? Probably the same as vulchers. Either way, I would love to see more in the desert areas of the game. Also, vultures/vulchers/buzzards foraging for dead bodies would be cool, and an easier way to find loot.

In American (and South American) English, buzzard = vulture. In Old World English, buzzard = hawk. In Candian English, buzzard hawks you!

American buzzard:

UK buzzard:

Canadian buzzard:

Quote from: Yam on September 02, 2009, 07:38:04 PM
American buzzard:

I've always called those turkey vultures.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

That picture is of a turkey vulture, but American vernacular is to call birds in the Accipitridae or (especially) Cathartidae families.

Quote from: Rhyden on September 02, 2009, 06:55:55 PM
Aren't they vultures? Probably the same as vulchers. Either way, I would love to see more in the desert areas of the game. Also, vultures/vulchers/buzzards foraging for dead bodies would be cool, and an easier way to find loot.

This already happens in some parts of the world, the first time I saw my dead homie get nommed on by birds I smiled.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I'm with Ourla, I always called them vultures and thought buzzards were hawks. Weird though if "buzzard hawks" is a UK thing ... because I grew up in Louisiana, Tennessee, and Michigan primarily and never really picked up on it.