I think it is pretty sweet that....

Started by Krath, July 22, 2009, 11:11:59 AM

As the day progresses, the weather gets hotter and colder accordingly.

Add your favorites!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Related to above: (since it is viewable from the weather command)
How the moons each have their own orbital speed.

How temperature and weather affect all the different things that they affect.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

... You get different sunrise and sunset echos depending on where you are in the known world. Not just cities, but geographical areas too. Makes me want to scale mountains just to see the perfect sunset  ;D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 22, 2009, 12:54:42 PM
... You get different sunrise and sunset echos depending on where you are in the known world. Not just cities, but geographical areas too. Makes me want to scale mountains just to see the perfect sunset  ;D

It's worth it.  Trust me. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 22, 2009, 12:57:47 PM

It's worth it.  Trust me. :D

I get to throw a little smiley in there too, for that one.  :D

I always liked that feature. I'd be out exploring or whatever and then I'd get hit with this brand new time echo and I'd nearly shit myself. Some of them are ominous and kind of startling at first glance, when you're creeping about and hoping that no nasty things are going to get you.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on July 22, 2009, 04:47:16 PM
I always liked that feature. I'd be out exploring or whatever and then I'd get hit with this brand new time echo and I'd nearly shit myself. Some of them are ominous and kind of startling at first glance, when you're creeping about and hoping that no nasty things are going to get you.
Recently had this experience. Completely agree.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Staff is willing to grant the occasional really weird request. I can't explain, too ic. But it rocks.

I think it's pretty sweet that staff care about interacting with PC's at all. That's actually a bit more rare than one might think in the MUD community.

There are so many new echoes, everywhere.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

When you season ginka pies with salt, they suck :)

Of course I didn't try it with ginka pies, but seeing certain seasonings being neutral with the taste, enriching another taste and outright ruining just another taste is sweet.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Honestly? I'm still blown away by everything in the game. In fact, I'm pretty sure I haven't shaken free of my noob title either... I really, really like that prostitute that walks around in 'Nak.

I like going everywhere and realizing that there's something I never knew was there. Like that time I ran away from civilization and bumped into some hooded PC hermit. And another time when I ran in another direction and found all these huge, nasty creatures and something really creepy. I think the way magick is so rare makes a non-common beast, or even a simple skeleton a wondrous thing to behold.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on August 01, 2009, 07:58:09 AM
I like going everywhere and realizing that there's something I never knew was there. Like that time I ran away from civilization and bumped into some hooded PC hermit. And another time when I ran in another direction and found all these huge, nasty creatures and something really creepy. I think the way magick is so rare makes a non-common beast, or even a simple skeleton a wondrous thing to behold.

That's one of my favorite things, too. The game world is huge and a lot of fun to explore. And there's usually -something- going on in every corner of the world. Sometimes you have to wish up first before the badness really begins, though.  ;)
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I think it is pretty sweet that.... There isn't a single thing I've ever found in the world that doesn't have a reason for being there, a cool backstory or some huge mystery of it's existence. No random dungeons that have just been put there for shits and giggles etc.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

QuoteI think it is pretty sweet that.... There isn't a single thing I've ever found in the world that doesn't have a reason for being there, a cool backstory or some huge mystery of it's existence. No random dungeons that have just been put there for shits and giggles etc.

Word.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: KinderedSpirit on July 27, 2009, 10:01:06 PM
Honestly? I'm still blown away by everything in the game.

Man, I'd do anything to be a newbie again.

Quote from: HTX on August 01, 2009, 10:13:50 PM
Quote from: KinderedSpirit on July 27, 2009, 10:01:06 PM
Honestly? I'm still blown away by everything in the game.

Man, I'd do anything to be a newbie again.

When 2.Arm rolls up, HTX, we can all be newbs again.
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Except for LoD ... whose been play testing.

Got a different sunset echo today. Was scaling some buildings when suddenly there it is. Made my character shed a tear. Almost fell off the building but it was worth it.

... smoking spice leaves the scent of it on your character ... and that most spices smell good! Unlike most smokable drugs IRL. Arm FTW!

count fungus
There are 1000000 fungi in your inventory.

That demonstrates commitment to include.

Quote from: musashi on August 10, 2009, 11:30:55 AM
... smoking spice leaves the scent of it on your character ... and that most spices smell good! Unlike most smokable drugs IRL. Arm FTW!

MJ smells fucking wonderful.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 13, 2009, 12:09:04 PM

Only to us RGS  ;D

That's not true. Pot smells great. Whether it's the real earthy kind or the one that smells kinda wintergreen. (Haven't smoked it in years, but it still smells great. :) )
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: musashi on August 13, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 13, 2009, 12:09:04 PM

Only to us RGS  us and AmandaGreathouse ;D