Expanding 'title' to tickets

Started by Cutthroat, July 10, 2009, 03:36:54 PM

The idea here is to allow players with tickets to title their ticket just like it is a mount.

I think this will give a lot of help to people whose PCs have multiple stable tickets, each of which is good for different mounts. The ticket would have to be re-titled every time the mount is rented, though.

It could also be applied to any service that involves tickets, like tailoring.

Quote>get ticket bag
You get your ticket from your bag.

>offer ticket
The stablemaster takes your ticket and leads an erdlu out of the stables.

>think Bah, this isn't what I wanted.
You think:
     "Bah, this isn't what I wanted."

> rent erdlu
The stablemaster takes your erdlu.

>title ticket erdlu
You have titled a ticket erdlu.

>put erdlu bag
You put your ticket in a bag.

>get inix bag
You get your ticket from a bag.

>offer inix
The stablemaster takes your ticket and leads out an inix from the stables.

I think mount tickets should have a little embossed image of the animal on it.  Otherwise, how does the stablemaster know what to do with the ticket that you hand him when you yourself don't know which ticket it is?
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

July 10, 2009, 03:41:42 PM #2 Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:43:13 PM by Cutthroat
Quote from: Thunkkin on July 10, 2009, 03:41:01 PM
I think mount tickets should have a little embossed image of the animal on it.  Otherwise, how does the stablemaster know what to do with the ticket that you hand him when you yourself don't know which ticket it is?

That would be nice too. Actually, I asked myself that question when thinking up this here idea.

edit to add:
Some items currently have a thing that can be looked at on them.

> look image ticket
would be nifty.

I like it.  Then a ranger can have his favourite rainbow-inix, and not have to try his 5 different tickets to find it.

*stamp of approval*

To the ticket with a picture of the description of the mount on it.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

For the love of Muk/Tek, please yes!! PLEASE?
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Careful, kids.  That's toeing the 'literacy' line.

Just a thought.  Maybe it's supposed to be difficult for us uneducated commoners.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Ashes on July 15, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
Careful, kids.  That's toeing the 'literacy' line.

Just a thought.  Maybe it's supposed to be difficult for us uneducated commoners.

Maybe 'title' is, but a picture of the mount? Is a stablemaster supposed to be playing lottery with the tickets he gives and takes?

There'd have to be some way ICly the stablemaster figures out just what the hell to do with a ticket, and being as several stablemasters are HG, it shouldn't be something amazingly complex - commoners should have no problem with it, right? If X meant kank and O meant inix and / meant beetle (and etc.) I can see the argument for literacy having more relevance, but if it's just crude representations of an animal on it, maybe not so much.

Personally, I think a title should be permanent and stick to a mount unless manually retitled.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.