Master Craft Notation on Skills List

Started by Lizzie, July 05, 2009, 02:14:50 PM

As someone who has done a good deal of crafting, I'm for this! It would be a very nice addition to the merchant guild, and as others have mentioned, it's not going to reveal anything we don't already use OOC means to learn. This method would save staff time on having to look, too.

So how does this work, exactly ? I imagine you must have to RP it out in game somewhat. Assembling the goods/materials, 'crafting' them, then junking the materials, then logging it all and sending the recipe along with the log to the appropriate clan immortal ? I'm not sure, I have to ask, there's nothing in the doc files that talks about this. I'd love to know some more details, such as :

Does it demand some sort of special circumstances or something (like a request from a noble or templar), before it gets approved ?

Are you limited to one or two such crafts a month (or year) ?

Can such a request be repeated, more than once, in the case of culturally-aligned goods ? (This is for those of us in clans without crafting recipes outside the common generica, yet whose clan background supports a rich crafting culture/history as the foundation.)
"When the spirits read the writing on the skulls Shiva wears
around his neck, they know, 'This one is Brahma, this one is
Vishnu, this one is Indra, this is death,' as they play happily
with them, Shiva smiles, he laughs, our god."   --Basava

Love the idea, btw.  ;D I think it's gold.

July 07, 2009, 07:30:20 PM #28 Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:48:15 PM by aruna
My problem when I played a merchant PC wasn't knowing whether or not I had sufficient skill, but rather knowing and remembering that it had been a month and I could submit another item. I wish I had submitted more.

I don't see any reason not to like the star idea, though.

Quote from: Lord of Charas on July 07, 2009, 07:14:51 PM
So how does this work, exactly ? I imagine you must have to RP it out in game somewhat. Assembling the goods/materials, 'crafting' them, then junking the materials, then logging it all and sending the recipe along with the log to the appropriate clan immortal?

This is what I've done in the past, but now that there's a spot for submissions in the request tool I would probably use that.  Staff like it when you use the formatting guidelines.

QuoteDoes it demand some sort of special circumstances or something (like a request from a noble or templar), before it gets approved?

Nope.

QuoteAre you limited to one or two such crafts a month (or year) ?

You can submit one item per month total, using one (or multiple) of the skills you've mastered.

QuoteCan such a request be repeated, more than once, in the case of culturally-aligned goods ? (This is for those of us in clans without crafting recipes outside the common generica, yet whose clan background supports a rich crafting culture/history as the foundation.)

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here.  :-\

Edited to add the link to the Formatting Submissions page.

Quote from: aruna on July 07, 2009, 07:30:20 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Okay -- here's a translation, then :

Can you make the same, mastercraft thing, more than once ?  ???

There's no submissions option in the request tool for master crafted items. When you try, it says you have to put orders in for master crafted items, in-game, from a master crafter.

So this submissions thing is like, assuming that you're trying to order an item, not that you're trying to create one.

Hopefully e-mail will suffice until then.

I've actually looked for documentation on the process for submitting master craft items, but all I could find was a thread in the Staff Announcements saying that you can only submit one per RL month. And another thread for players to discuss that change.

I didn't see any process in the official docs though, and there's no help file for master, mastercraft, or master_craft.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

if the thing you are asking to have made, is *craftable* then you can *craft* it yourself, in game. However often you like.

If you want to be able to make something more than once, you'd want it to be craftable and not merely a unique master crafted item.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lord of Charas on July 07, 2009, 07:53:21 PMCan you make the same, mastercraft thing, more than once ?  ???

Yeah. You submit the crafting recipes, and once they're in, you (and anyone else) can make them as much as you want. Of course, if they're clan-specific, only those in that clan will be able to make the recipes. So if they're clan specific, you need to mention that when you submit the item.

You can also submit special one-of-a-kind commissioned items this way.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 07, 2009, 07:54:23 PM
There's no submissions option in the request tool for master crafted items. When you try, it says you have to put orders in for master crafted items, in-game, from a master crafter.

So this submissions thing is like, assuming that you're trying to order an item, not that you're trying to create one.

Weird. I'd never actually tried to use it before. My bad!

Quote from: aruna on July 07, 2009, 07:59:23 PM
Quote from: Lord of Charas on July 07, 2009, 07:53:21 PMCan you make the same, mastercraft thing, more than once ?  ???

Yeah. You submit the crafting recipes, and once they're in, you (and anyone else) can make them as much as you want. Of course, if they're clan-specific, only those in that clan will be able to make the recipes. So if they're clan specific, you need to mention that when you submit the item.

You can also submit special one-of-a-kind commissioned items this way.

And there's no guarantee that the item -will- be made craftable, so if this is your intent, I would drop a heads up email before you submit it to make sure that someone will have time to make it craftable, because from what I've been told by staff, it takes a great deal more time to make an item craftable than just an item.  

I was also told that there would be documentation outlining the mastercrafting policy soon... I'll send the staffer I was talking to a reminder email, just in case it slipped through the cracks.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.