Pending Change to Charge

Started by Morgenes, June 27, 2009, 03:01:23 PM

Charging, fleeing and charging again is probably the most ancient form of mounted tactics ever devised.

Chariots. We need chariots.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Clearsighted on September 17, 2009, 03:29:25 AM
Charging, fleeing and charging again is probably the most ancient form of mounted tactics ever devised.

I was thinking that myself though Niamh in Ask the Staff that she felt like was abuse, and that using trample was a better way to go about things.

So ... I won't do it to animals that are normally non-aggressive like charging a gizhat then running because now that it's been attacked it'll follow me ... but to be honest, I'm still going to double charge a gith or something if they decide to flee and then sneak back over to attack me again.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Gith NPCs are twinks... carrying around all that heavy shit just to boost their skills.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 21, 2009, 10:33:35 PM
Gith NPCs are twinks... carrying around all that heavy shit just to boost their skills.

Gith, raptor, those spotted gortok.... Oh, and carru. I've yet to see trample work ever. ONCE on a creature already on the ground, stuned.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Personally, I think charge should get an inherent bonus when used against bipedal creatures, (such as desert elves) and a slight penalty against four-legged or more creatures. Since naturally, it should be much easier to bowl over something skinny and weak like an elf, than, I don't know, something the size and with the weight distribution of a cow.

September 23, 2009, 06:31:40 PM #256 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:34:21 PM by Versu
Cow = slow.

Elf = fast.

Try it on a dwarf.

Quote from: Versu on September 23, 2009, 06:31:40 PM
Cow = slow.

Elf = fast.

And by all means, their agility should play some /small/ role in avoiding being charged.  But keep in mind that if an inix or a war beetle actually impacted with something like an elf, it would almost certainly kill them. Or do a grievous wound at minimum. The fact that being run down by a two ton lizard is currently an inconvenience at most...Well. It cuts both ways.

And this wouldn't apply to just elves. I imagine it would apply to all bipedal creatures, such as gith, or even, an unmounted human. But mostly, it would probably be used to charge elves.

EDIT: And it goes without saying that dwarves are right fucked.

Quote from: Clearsighted on September 23, 2009, 06:36:13 PM

You charge a dwarf on your erdlu but an erdlu is sent sprawling!
A dwarf is here looking pleased with himself.
Amor Fati

Cow = slow.

Elf = fast.

And by all means, their agility should play some /small/ role in avoiding being charged.  But keep in mind that if an inix or a war beetle actually impacted with something like an elf, it would almost certainly kill them. Or do a grievous wound at minimum. The fact that being run down by a two ton lizard is currently an inconvenience at most...Well. It cuts both ways.

And this wouldn't apply to just elves. I imagine it would apply to all bipedal creatures, such as gith, or even, an unmounted human. But mostly, it would probably be used to charge elves.

Shrug. A singular blade wound will probably leave you if not dead, then forever crippled. That doesnt happen as much, because it's a Mud. I wouldnt give too much of a power to a 0 karma guild, simply because they happen to have a common critter. They've already got enough other strengths.

Quote from: Dar on September 23, 2009, 06:51:24 PM
Cow = slow.

Elf = fast.

Shrug. A singular blade wound will probably leave you if not dead, then forever crippled. That doesnt happen as much, because it's a Mud. I wouldnt give too much of a power to a 0 karma guild, simply because they happen to have a common critter. They've already got enough other strengths.

Well, now. Are we going to start categorizing karma as how effectively they can kill others? If so, I can think of one or two 0 karma guilds that should be karma 5 or 6 in comparison. I know some people can do more with karma 0 assassins than another can imagine with a 3 karma HG or 7 karma Mul warrior...

Quote from: Clearsighted on September 23, 2009, 07:16:04 PM
Well, now. Are we going to start categorizing karma as how effectively they can kill others?

No?

The point is ... it's a mud. By use of your logic, any wound to the neck should be a lethal one.

September 23, 2009, 09:13:13 PM #262 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:15:03 PM by FantasyWriter
A dude on and erdlu charge at you.

>plant spear ground
You plant the butt of your spear into the ground.

An erdlu impales itself on your spear inflicting a grievous wound and sending its riders flying off to the north.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 23, 2009, 09:13:13 PM
An erdlu impales itself on your spear inflicting a grievous wound and sending its riders flying off to the north.

Chuck a spear at them ... you get the same result.

If only spears and pikes had that ability IG.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: musashi on September 23, 2009, 09:34:20 PM

No, then you get an erdllu helping its rider to kick your ass. :D
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 23, 2009, 09:35:45 PM

I meant chuck a spear at the rider  :D

From another room!!!  ;D

September 23, 2009, 10:18:55 PM #267 Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:24:34 AM by Qzzrbl
Quote from: musashi on September 23, 2009, 09:36:44 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 23, 2009, 09:35:45 PM

I meant chuck a spear at the rider  :D

From another room!!!  ;D

Chuck Norris is now a verb?

o:

My most beautiful combat experience in-game involved charging someone who was in the act of throwing a spear.

Ah, timing.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.