Conclusive brawling

Started by Salt Merchant, June 26, 2009, 12:32:57 AM

Currently there's no real conclusion to a brawl, just a point where it has to stop unless the "winner" decides to keep going with the kill command.

It would be much more satisfying if it ended with someone being knocked out. But that could leave characters getting stripped of all their possessions by brawling twinks.

How about a message about someone getting only sort of knocked out however?

The barrel-chested brute clips the brawny, low-browed man in the jaw.
The brawny, low-browed man collapses groggily, out of the fight.

The brawny, low-browed man ends up in the resting position here and can emote from there.
Lunch makes me happy.

I would like to see brawl take into account strength, agility and offensive skill on the part of the attacker, and agility, endurance, and defensive skill on the part of the defender. This would make brawls more accurate in assessing the talents of those involved.

Then, by all means, the loser should be knocked out, and set with a no-steal flag.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on June 26, 2009, 12:46:06 AM
I would like to see brawl take into account strength, agility and offensive skill on the part of the attacker, and agility, endurance, and defensive skill on the part of the defender. This would make brawls more accurate in assessing the talents of those involved.

Then, by all means, the loser should be knocked out, and set with a no-steal flag.

How do you know it doesn't already?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I still wish there was specifically an unarmed combat skill that could also be taken into account when brawling.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: Synthesis on June 26, 2009, 12:55:44 AM

You are right. I don't. On the other hand, do you know that it does?

If it doesn't, it should. I've seen some odd results that made me wonder if it was or not.

Then after, on topic, I would have the victim knocked out, and a no-steal flag put on him. That would be a pretty conclusive end to a brawl.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on June 26, 2009, 01:26:12 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on June 26, 2009, 12:55:44 AM

I'm pretty certain Halaster said what it was based on a long time ago. I don't recall.

You are right. I don't. On the other hand, do you know that it does?

If it doesn't, it should. I've seen some odd results that made me wonder if it was or not.

Then after, on topic, I would have the victim knocked out, and a no-steal flag put on him. That would be a pretty conclusive end to a brawl.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

At one time you could knock someone out in a brawl I thought. Since then I thought the code had been changed so that you can't brawl someone who is low on stun.

Instead, you're given a message to use to kill command if you want to further escalate the situation.

It's been awhile, details are fuzzy.

Oh a knock out with a no steal flag would be BADASS!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Krath on June 26, 2009, 11:16:35 PM
Oh a knock out with a no steal flag would be BADASS!

Also: I highly doubt strength/agility are taken into account. I think it's mostly O/D.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Lol, the brawl code changed every single time I got into one. I don't even know what the current code does. The last time I did, it was like a reeaaaaallly slow sparring session... miss, miss, miss, miss, someone gets in the way, miss, you are distracted, miss, miss, miss, hit for 3 stun, miss......
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.