Gems and necks

Started by Salt Merchant, June 18, 2009, 06:21:02 AM

Gems can only be worn around the neck, preventing the gemmed from wearing neck armor.

Should gems be wearable about the throat instead?
42 (85.7%)
Should more neck armors be made wearable about the throat (and effective when worn that way)?
2 (4.1%)
Should things be left as they are?
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: June 23, 2009, 06:21:02 AM

My most recent gemmer character was brought into game since then.  I assessed the gem and it only gave me the option of 'neck' when I entered game and got my gem.  Perhaps the script loading gems for templars is loading an old copy of the gems?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I voted for #2 - because I feel that anything "wearable" around the neck, should also be wearable around the throat, and vice versa. No matter what the item and coded benefits/hindrances, it should provide the same in either "wearable" location.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The poll is really moot at this point.  Changing all armor to be worn "about throat" would be far more work than the already-achieved task of changing the gem to be worn about the throat.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Thanks Nyr.  :)
Lunch makes me happy.

I recall a day when you could pick which wearloc when you first applied the gem. I always preferred about throat. I can't believe how fast you guys are lately! Is it a competition? What does the winner get?