Business Cards of Zalanthas

Started by Luctius, June 13, 2009, 03:33:41 AM

June 13, 2009, 03:33:41 AM Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:43:40 PM by Luctius
I was thinking about how contact was an ingame concept for an  nice out of game problem.

I started to think about the who -c, report and current discussions and came up with the following idea.

Stones, of varying prices, which can be, let we say, psionicly attuned  by you and it will create an soft
image in the stones, letting anyone who looks at them see your sdesc. Then you can give them to
friends and people you trust. Thus commoners can use cheap normal stones, and nobles can buy
very expensive polished stones.

When you are able and willing to have contact with them, you can send a, shall we say psionic signal to
all stones, and they all will glow. At any time, or as you quit, you can send a negating signal and they will
stop glowing. Thus one can look at a stone, and know when the other party has time for conversation.

These are normal objects, thus if they are lost or stolen your enemies might be able to get their hands on them.

Off course this concept can be refined, but it's a start of an ic concept for an ooc problem.

Something like this would require some serious retcon and thus will probably never happen in the current iteration of the game.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

June 13, 2009, 04:01:39 AM #2 Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:18:22 AM by MarshallDFX
l stone

You see a small, shimmering green stone.  Your mind is suddenly filled with the image
of a bemused, aquiline man.  You also realize he is probably a kickass assasin, and his
name is Amos.  You find yourself with the impression that Amos is trained in Kurac...
And you -know- the Kuraci make good stuff.

junk stone

Quote from: MarshallDFX on June 13, 2009, 04:01:39 AM
l stone

You see a small, shimmering green stone.  Your mind is suddenly filled with the image
of a bemused, aquiline man.  You also realize he is probably a kickass assasin, and his
name is Amos.  You find yourself with the impression that Amos is trained in Kurac...
And you -know- the Kuraci make good stuff.

junk stone

You don't have to take the business card that literally, but something like

l stone

You see a small, shimmering green stone.  Your mind is suddenly filled with the image
of a bemused, aquiline man.

and

l stone

of a bemused, aquiline man.
The stone is glowing faintly.

was what I had in mind.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 13, 2009, 03:54:24 AM
Something like this would require some serious retcon and thus will probably never happen in the current iteration of the game.

This, and most of the world would be seriously afraid of something like that in the current iteration.

This "technology" would have serious repercussions on the way life works in game - would your boss require stones from all his employees to keep tabs on them? Would a lost or stolen stone be a serious thing for an assassin? Would a loved one keep the stone from their dead lover on a pendant around their neck?

Lol, my characters would be very afraid of those stones.

Not too bad an idea, but doesn't seem to fit in very well with the theme.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Is that a pinch ?
New rock.
What do you think ?
Whoa-ho. Very nice.
Look at that. Picked them up from the Rukkian''s yesterday.
Good coloring. That's marble.
And the color is something called Silian Rail.
It's very cool, Bateman, but that's nothing. Look at this.
That is really nice.
Jasper with Romalian glow. What do you think ?
Nice.
Jesus. That is really super. How'da nitwit like you get so tasteful?

Let's see Paul Allen's rock.
Look at that subtle off-white coloring.

The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh, my God. It even has a watermark.

Quote from: Yam on June 13, 2009, 10:05:54 AM
Is that a pinch ?
New rock.
What do you think ?
Whoa-ho. Very nice.
Look at that. Picked them up from the Rukkian''s yesterday.
Good coloring. That's marble.
And the color is something called Silian Rail.
It's very cool, Bateman, but that's nothing. Look at this.
That is really nice.
Jasper with Romalian glow. What do you think ?
Nice.
Jesus. That is really super. How'da nitwit like you get so tasteful?

Let's see Paul Allen's rock.
Look at that subtle off-white coloring.

The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh, my God. It even has a watermark.

:) Thumbs up.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...