Change Locdescs

Started by Synthesis, June 08, 2009, 04:23:02 AM

How about adding a list of fresh/healing wounds to the change locdescs room, instead of just having scars?

This way, we could change locdescs after receiving a wound...show it off to all our buddies...change it to a puckered scab as it heals...and finish it up with a scar.

I mean, sure, you can do this with tdesc...but how hard would it be to have us write up some fresh/healing wound "tattoos?"
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

June 08, 2009, 04:28:10 AM #1 Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:29:47 AM by Fathi
Or maybe have a custom scar generator like the custom tattooists in Allanak and Tuluk, with options like 'fresh', 'mostly-healed', 'well-healed', 'old', and 'wound' instead of just 'scar.'

Edit: In other words yes.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

The custom scar/wound generator would be awesome,  yeah.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Awesooomme.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

+1 this idea.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

It sounds tiring for the player to keep changing their scars to suit the age of the scars, but sure, I'd love it if everyone else did it.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Why not use tdesc?
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

It's not good for listing multiple scars.

I'm not a fan of huge tdescs.