Seasons?

Started by gfair, June 10, 2003, 10:47:01 PM

Are there seasons in the game?  I see no mention of them in the weather documents.  Or does the planet have a rotational plane identical to its orbital plane?

I bet one of them is sandstorm season, sure seems like it, almost parallels monsoon season in some parts of the world.

Probably are seasons... But the known world is so screwed up by crazy sorcerers that it doesn't have much effect.

Creeper's guess.
21sters Unite!

I can just see the weather forecast now...  

"Well folks, there's the hot and dry season, which leads into the hot and dry season, followed by the cold and rainy season.  Ha!  Kidding.  Hot and dry again.  Suckers!"
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"I can just see the weather forecast now...  

"Well folks, there's the hot and dry season, which leads into the hot and dry season, followed by the cold and rainy season.  Ha!  Kidding.  Hot and dry again.  Suckers!"
Today will be hot, dry and windy...so will tomorrow...and the next day...and well, every day unto eternity.  Now, I am out of a job...back to causing the weather.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I think there are seasons, and especially in the Southlands, some times of the year are windier and sandier.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Yeah. It's more like...

"Class, we are currently in the hot and dry season. After THIS season, we move to the hot, dry, and WINDY season. Then to another hot and dry season, then to the season of hot and dry sandstorms. Not necessarily in that particular order. Class dismissed."

Speaking of seasons... I want an electrical storm season where storms pop up quickly and pass equally as fast. With a chance of random minor strikes to fry people a bit!

You are zapped by an electical current and fall to the ground!
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

QuoteSpeaking of seasons... I want an electrical storm season where storms pop up quickly and pass equally as fast. With a chance of random minor strikes to fry people a bit!

You are zapped by an electical current and fall to the ground

Now that would be interesting to see... Running through the forest with a few of your fellow runners during a storm and all of a sudden one of them gets zapped with a electrical current....Just my opinion
oy what the fonk you want? Big Worm

Not use to that quote thing yet
   Now that would be interesting to see... Running through the forest with a few of your fellow runners during a storm and all of a sudden one of them gets zapped with a electrical current....Just my opinion
oy what the fonk you want? Big Worm

This came up a while back in discussion, and we figured that there are three seasons, corresponding to the months. One would presuming be the growing seasons, but which, I'm not sure. If someone wants tot take a stab at coming up with a doc for it, go for it.

There are no coded seasons.