Mount lag.

Started by Qzzrbl, June 05, 2009, 10:47:19 AM

Just a thought for the larger mounts of Zalanthas.

Because I can't see anyone instantly hopping onto the back of their inix and riding off into the sunset like they do nowadays.

Taking the animal's size into consideration, we can add a small bit of lag to represent actually climbing ontop of your mount? We could even throw your ride skill into it, faster mount speed for better ride skill.

Thoughts?

June 05, 2009, 10:53:11 AM #1 Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:24:15 AM by spawnloser
So long as other things that affect your speed (like agility and the like) affect the delay for getting on your mount as well, sure.  Why not?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I'm up for this. ^^
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

And a chance of getting thrown immediately if your ride skill and the mount's be_a_nice_mount skill are low.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I would be fine with it, if it was affected by my characters ungodly awesome agility allowing me to move super fast.

Quote from: spawnloser on June 05, 2009, 10:53:11 AM
So long as other things that affect your speed (like agility and the like) affect the delay for getting on your mount as well, sure.  Why not?

and size, both of the mount and the rider.