Reel Disengage

Started by RogueGunslinger, June 03, 2009, 01:27:13 AM

Am I correct in assuming that if you reel someone and disengage, it automatically disengages the other person as well? I've seen something like this recently while sparring and was curious.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 03, 2009, 01:27:13 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if you reel someone and disengage, it automatically disengages the other person as well? I've seen something like this recently while sparring and was curious.

Yep.

However, there's a catch with critters/NPCs if you're dual wielding:  if your -first- shot is the reel shot and you disengage, your opponent won't automatically be disengaged.  If your -second- shot is the reel shot, your opponent will be disengaged as long as -you- disengage before either of you get another attack in.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

So far as I know, if you get reeled you are automagickally disengaged from a target until the next tick.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Not a sparring PC at the minute, but that's how it goes as far as I can recall.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

You wound the crazy man on the head.
He reels from the blow.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Dracul on June 03, 2009, 01:53:23 AM
Reel?

The thing that makes you go "oh shit" and tells you that you need to be fleeing, but gives you a nasty delay that prevents you from doing so before you get reeled again.

But don't worry, it's not like it's going to be an infinite chain or anything. Your HP is quite finite.

Think getting whacked in the jaw - You go.. wow, I just got hit.. can't think.. OKAY, respond! Work brain work!

It's that point where your body is freaking out and can't respond, much akin to being drunk.

I've certainly been reeling drunk.