NPC Bard performances

Started by Prodikus, May 27, 2009, 12:52:10 PM

A few days ago I saw a player come into the Firestorm and offer the NPC bard a few coins to sing a song. I'm able to get out of the NPC that he will sing for coin, but couldn't figure out the syntax.

Anyone know?

I wish I could pop in and verify this, but it might be "buy song <number>".  Go to the Sun King's Sanctuary and look at the tawny-haired bard.  I'm pretty sure she has the syntax written into her mdesc.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Ahh, I didn't think to include 'song'!

List songs provides a list of songs for purchase, and buy song name has the NPC play the song.

Thanks!

This is so awesome, never knew it existed~!!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The bard in the old Barrel used to have a song list as well. Not sure these days. Been a while since I enjoyed Nak proper.
Free your hate.

You know what's even cooler?  Spending your sids on PC bards or playing a song yourself.  ;)
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on May 28, 2009, 07:31:20 PM
You know what's even cooler?  Spending your sids on PC bards or playing a song yourself.  ;)
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I once had a not so secret assassin bard, but got so caught up making songs and entertaining people that the assassiny stuff kinda went away.

All of his songs were about the people he murdered. He got lots of money and racked up a couple PC kills.

Bards can rock.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 28, 2009, 08:10:29 PM
Bards can rock.

But honestly so few of them do, and they never seem to last. Once they realize they need to (in Tuluk) learn SOME sword of combat, they end up getting eated or deaded.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Ourla on May 28, 2009, 07:31:20 PM

They're too busy sleeping around and assassinating people to play songs in bars. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.