Elves and Silt Skimmers

Started by Eloran, May 19, 2009, 10:17:50 AM

May 22, 2009, 03:27:59 PM #100 Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:29:32 PM by Sephiroto
Quote from: Synthesis on May 22, 2009, 03:26:56 PM
every motherfucking city-elf in the Known World gets the 'steal' skill

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I was under the assumption that players generally play sneaky roles with c-elves, not that they race gets the steal skill by default.  Keep in mind that you don't always need the skill to steal from someone.

Quote from: Sephiroto on May 22, 2009, 03:27:59 PM
Thanks, I didn't know that.

it's a fair assumption! I mean, come on! they're neckers! you thought all that talk about them stealing from you was just talk?

The arguments in this thread got weeeeaaaak.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Yam on May 22, 2009, 03:21:36 PM
Fortune and glory.

Lol, I don't see how sailing into a place full of sand and big monsters is going to be fortunate or glorious :P Why would an elf want to do such a thing, unless it was to rob everyone on the boat and swim out of there.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: Synthesis on May 22, 2009, 04:24:28 AM
Permanent structures? Oh...you mean like, uh...the Blackwing Outpost?

Yeah, and it contradicts every other elven tribe in the known world, doesn't it?

Welcome to the exception that proves the rule.  I believe you've met.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: SMuz on May 22, 2009, 09:49:14 PM
Fortune and glory.

Lol, I don't see how sailing into a place full of sand and big monsters is going to be fortunate or glorious :P Why would an elf want to do such a thing, unless it was to rob everyone on the boat and swim out of there.

I'm pretty sure all original settlers had some sort of gain in mind.

Quote from: Dalmeth on May 22, 2009, 09:51:22 PM
Yeah, and it contradicts every other elven tribe in the known world, doesn't it?

*ding* Wrong.

Not all elven tribes are nomadic or semi-nomadic. I'd wager that if they could afford it, the Sun Runners would build an outpost of their own for trade.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 22, 2009, 09:53:31 PM
Fortune and glory.

I'm pretty sure all original settlers had some sort of gain in mind.

A little OOC thinking there, most settlers in Zalanthas seem to be either looking for a safe place to squat (with water) or fleeing from some danger. If they're happy where they are (the lazy elves being happier than anyone to sit in the same spot), then they shouldn't really want to go to some dangerous place. If there's gold on the other side of the seas, I'm sure it's perfectly elven to get others to bring it back for them.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Fortune and glory.

Well I always thought you were a bit of a stupid bastard.

Please lock the thread.  Degraded into nothing helpful and...the above.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: SMuz on May 22, 2009, 09:49:14 PMWhy would an elf want to do such a thing...

Why would a human? Half-giant? Mul? Half-elf? Dwarf?

Quote from: Yam on May 22, 2009, 10:05:47 PM
Well I always thought you were a bit of a stupid bastard.
It's unclear to me why anyone would think this was acceptable behavior.  Don't.

-- X