OOC

Started by The Lonely Hunter, May 02, 2009, 11:01:54 PM

Wow, is it just me or is there a whole lot more use of the OOC command then what there used to be? Tonight alone I've seen three different people use it just for an idle comment. A bit...disturbing.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

I couldn't agree more. Some people will say 'fuck your immersion' or whatever, but you know what? It's just plain jarring. This is a rp-intense mud people. Grow up.

I think OOC should only be used when there's absolutely no other option, it should be a last resort.

Currently, this hasn't been the case. >:(

Quote from: Rhyden on May 02, 2009, 11:11:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. Some people will say 'fuck your immersion' or whatever, but you know what? It's just plain jarring. This is a rp-intense mud people. Grow up.

I think OOC should only be used when there's absolutely no other option, it should be a last resort.

Currently, this hasn't been the case. >:(

Generally, I think OOC should be used only if really neccessary, although if someone is unaware of something codedly sometimes I'll pop out a quick comment. Besides that, I'd say that even if circumstances are such that you need to say something OOCly (help a newbie, aplogize for needing to run off for an RL emergency, or clarifying times for a big RPT event) it should be done in as private a place as possible, so you don't disturb the other players.

Also, don't be afraid to pop an OOC comment about "Hey guys, let's keep this IC," if things are really getting to be a problem.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on May 02, 2009, 11:17:05 PM
Also, don't be afraid to pop an OOC comment about "Hey guys, let's keep this IC," if things are really getting to be a problem.

This seems like the best solution, but it doesn't always work. Basically, you're using the ooc command to tell people not to use the ooc command. ;)

ooc Stop using OOC, please.

The tall, muscular man says oocly:
   "No, you stop using ooc!"

Heh.

Quote from: Rhyden on May 02, 2009, 11:24:49 PM

This seems like the best solution, but it doesn't always work. Basically, you're using the ooc command to tell people not to use the ooc command. ;)

Heh.

lol. I was going to agree with Taven, but good point.I didn't notice a problem really but I would say if that didn't work, and you're seeing stuff like...

The tall muscular man viciously bludgeons your neck.
Your vision goes black.

Someone OOCs: pwned lol!

The tall, muscular man OOCs: so u remember taht funny scene at the gaj yesterday? lol i hope the templar comes back with her strap-on

Just submit a player complaint.

Quote from: Rhyden on May 02, 2009, 11:24:49 PM

Heh.

In my experiance, people usually don't intend to be using OOC so much, or get carried away, and will stop with a reminder. However, if they did respond in that way I'd suggest going back to IC yourself, and if they continue to abuse it, wish up. If there is no staff member handy, and it's to the point of real abuse, I'd file a player complaint.

I don't actually think you'd need to go that far, however, most Arm players usually are pretty good with it, and a reminder has always worked for me if things run astray (which is pretty rare in my experiance to begin with, although there have been some times close to it).
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Stop eavesdropping on my FTB sessions and you won't have to endure so much OOCing.

You ooc: "Okay so we have sex and it's very messy and sweaty and there's goop all over the sheets."
The goopy sweaty sex-toy oocs: "Uh, did you give me a blowjob? And did I like it?"
You ooc: "Yeah but I don't swallow, which is why there's goop all over the sheets. You like it, I gagged and almost bit your pecker off. You got over it, I'm embarrassed."
The goopy sweaty sex-toy oocs: "Oh okay. Well I gave back as good as I got..which means, I missed. Was nibbling on your thigh the whole time..didn't know that thing was a mole!"
You ooc: "Sounds good! I smirked inside but faked it. Everyone's happy."
The goopy sweaty sex-toy oocs: "Good deal..we get dressed and we're sitting back on the cot in the afterglow of really mediocre sex. One two three GO"

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on May 02, 2009, 11:38:43 PM
Stop eavesdropping on my FTB sessions and you won't have to endure so much OOCing.

You ooc: "Okay so we have sex and it's very messy and sweaty and there's goop all over the sheets."
The goopy sweaty sex-toy oocs: "Uh, did you give me a blowjob? And did I like it?"
You ooc: "Yeah but I don't swallow, which is why there's goop all over the sheets. You like it, I gagged and almost bit your pecker off. You got over it, I'm embarrassed."
The goopy sweaty sex-toy oocs: "Oh okay. Well I gave back as good as I got..which means, I missed. Was nibbling on your thigh the whole time..didn't know that thing was a mole!"
The goopy sweaty sex-toy oocs: "Good deal..we get dressed and we're sitting back on the cot in the afterglow of really mediocre sex. One two three GO"

Haha! You're awesome.

staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

Quote from: Mudder on May 02, 2009, 11:51:34 PM

Haha! You're awesome.

oh fuck help i am stuck in the quote

Quote from: Yam on May 03, 2009, 02:41:20 AM
Quote from: Mudder on May 02, 2009, 11:51:34 PM

Haha! You're awesome.

oh fuck help i am stuck in the quote

LMAO