Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

To have replies to requests through the request tool (not the staff replies, but your replies to staff replies) have an option to get sent to your email like the original request does.

Because I search everything through my email search function.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I doubt this would be a tiny code want. Though its something I've always wanted.

For all characters to get certain base skills, OR be able to learn those base skills via use and get them on their skills list.
Climb. Skinning. Value. Etc...

Mundane skills anyone can pick up pretty easily...
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: valeria on April 01, 2011, 11:27:44 AM
To have replies to requests through the request tool (not the staff replies, but your replies to staff replies) have an option to get sent to your email like the original request does.

Done.

I also added a search to your History page.

Enjoy, and no, that's not an April Fool's Joke.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 04:45:09 PM
Quote from: valeria on April 01, 2011, 11:27:44 AM

Done.

I also added a search to your History page.

Enjoy, and no, that's not an April Fool's Joke.

Oh I will.  I definitely will.  You are awesome  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

April 02, 2011, 01:49:30 AM #1879 Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:53:12 AM by Reiteration
Adapted from that certain tavern:

Some desert-elf's hawk screeches in your ear.

brief echo

either that or

shoot desert-elf's hawk s

but in all seriousness, can echoes be tuned down a bit in high-population rooms? I enjoy the occasional echo as much as the next bloke but it seems taverns kick up echos in overdrive mode.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Or better yet, the room could try to detect the number of PCs in the room and adjust how common the echos are accordingly.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

While nice, it's a freaken bird that said jackass can't keep quiet.  Handle it IC.  Teach um to leave their pets at home or buy something quiet.  Same with babies, slaves, parrots, whatever.  How do you handle it IRL?  I know when my friends bring over loud slaves I give them an ear full!

A way to brief all echo's is pretty cool though.  Not necessary, but wants are wants and in high-spam situations every little bit helps :-)  +1
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: Marc on April 02, 2011, 02:06:36 AM
While nice, it's a freaken bird that said jackass can't keep quiet.  Handle it IC.  Teach um to leave their pets at home or buy something quiet.  Same with babies, slaves, parrots, whatever.  How do you handle it IRL?

True, but even getting pissed and nuking the entire tavern with a maxxed krathi won't stop the "stupid fucking bird squawks in your ear" echoes.

April 02, 2011, 09:17:57 PM #1883 Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:21:33 PM by Reiloth
If I am alone in a bar and getting blasted with echoes, I ignore some that are a little too 'in your face' to happen multiple times, and roll with ones that are more atmospheric.

RTCW:

For hunt to include different types of shoes. Boots, sandals, shoes, bare feet.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on April 02, 2011, 09:17:57 PM

Seconded. This would be an awesome addition but I think only with somewhat trained hunt. Beginner hunt, no.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on April 03, 2011, 02:14:54 AM
Quote from: Reiloth on April 02, 2011, 09:17:57 PM

Seconded. This would be an awesome addition but I think only with somewhat trained hunt. Beginner hunt, no.

Yeah, definitely.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

A many legged insect moved through here recently, headed north. It was wearing sandals.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

To be able to remove items via location.

remove left wrist
remove wrist wrist
remove neck

etc.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on April 03, 2011, 03:59:40 AM

remove left wrist
remove wrist wrist
remove neck

etc.

+1
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

remove left wrist
remove wrist wrist
remove neck

etc.

"Remove all" would be handy too, as the counterpart to the already existing "wear all".

For the record, 'remove all' is in Arm2.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 03, 2011, 10:56:21 AM
For the record, 'remove all' is in Arm2.

This proves Morgenes is a diehard mudsex0r.  Proves it.

RTCW:

Deadbolts for doors/Breakable doors/Repairable doors.  Ways to secure yourself behind a door so a single lockpick is not the end, but also to make doors fallible to good ol door bash.  Dunno how to balance it so the next half-giant rolled doesn't come through and open every door in town.  More dynamic doors!
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

More dynamic doors are in Arm 2. You can install and uninstall doors and locks in doors.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on April 03, 2011, 01:18:01 PM
More dynamic doors are in Arm 2. You can install and uninstall doors and locks in doors.

Touche on the mudsex0r parry, sir.

RTCW:

The ability to assign keywords to pcs/npcs just like you can for mounts ONLY that they do not work for other people.

Example:

Blue-man says his name is frank.  Frank is not a keyword.  You addkeyword blue frank.
Now blue-man has the keyword frank to you only.  Frank would still not work for anyone else.

Quote from: musashi on April 03, 2011, 07:17:20 AM

remove left wrist
remove wrist wrist
remove neck

etc.

+1

Quote from: Morgenes
Arm 2 is amazing and you should drool over it. [paraphrase]

Yes. Drooling. Right here. That's drool.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marc on April 03, 2011, 01:25:31 PM
The ability to assign keywords to pcs/npcs just like you can for mounts ONLY that they do not work for other people.

Example:

Blue-man says his name is frank.  Frank is not a keyword.  You addkeyword blue frank.
Now blue-man has the keyword frank to you only.  Frank would still not work for anyone else.

We are calling these private keywords in Arm 2. It is the way most keywording will work, except for visible sdesc keywords.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

A coded option for slum lords to give out extra keys to renters who misplaced theirs, but penalizing days rented for it. So say, someone got his key stolen, or actually wants an extra key just in case. He asks the slum lord for a key and he gives him an extra, but lowers the days rented by a 100. If there is less then a 100 days available, it just puts it into a "pay soon, or lose the apartment" thing.

Granted, it'll allow one of the tenants to kick others out, by exhausting days, then rerenting it for himself alone and keeping all the fun stuff that's stored inside, but that's what big and heavy, skull splitting clubs are for.

Quote from: Morgenes on April 03, 2011, 01:48:26 PM
Quote from: Marc on April 03, 2011, 01:25:31 PM

Example:

We are calling these private keywords in Arm 2. It is the way most keywording will work, except for visible sdesc keywords.

I'm a little worried about abuse issues with private keywords.

Take for example a situation in which a person who got robbed discretely keywords their completely cloaked/hidden/I'll kill you if you look at me robber. Then whenever they see a new PC walk into the bar back at the city they "l robber" and see if it pings.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Private keywords probably won't work on cloaked fellows.